Concealed carry in car

Thread: Concealed carry in car

1. Concealed carry in car

With a NYS carry permit, is it legal to carry while in a motor vehicle?

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

That would depend upon which state you are in at the time. In Washington State for example your gun would have to be unloaded when in the vehicle and could not be concealed on your person at any time.

Also, if New York is the only permit you have, then it violates Federal law to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle on a public street within 1000' of the premises of a school in any state other than New York.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

5. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    That would depend upon which state you are in at the time. In Washington State for example your gun would have to be unloaded when in the vehicle and could not be concealed on your person at any time.

Also, if New York is the only permit you have, then it violates Federal law to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle on a public street within 1000' of the premises of a school in any state other than New York.
    I'm talking about in NY, no other state

You're good to go in NYS. With the EXCEPTION of NYC an the four boroughs surrounding it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sixgun1 View Post
    You're good to go in NYS. With the EXCEPTION of NYC an the four boroughs surrounding it.
    👍