Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 11
Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

As an Genearl Rule.. The Judges office waits until they have about 100-200 permits in front of the Judge to sign them. The Judges Law Clerk acutually gives the final approval. all the Judge does is sign them based on Reccommendations from Law clerk I cant say that acutually how the process works but, over the years dealing with them and, a good friend of mine was Judge Bollers law clerk and, thats how he explained the process to me. I know it S ks But, have to play their game. Recently I applied for my PA License to carry firearms and, total process with approval 4 days. mail box to mail box. also, I appiled for my Florida CCW and, that took 36 days door to door with approval why Erie county takes 14-18 months ???????????????????????? one will never know if these 2 states can process applications that fast we must live in a state thats 20 years behind the times.. by the way florida has been processing 20,000 plus apps a month erie county cant process 500 in 6 months thats a shame. Well, good luck to all keep the faith.

3. I called the Cheektowaga Police Department to check the status of my application and the lady I spoke with was much more pleasant than the crew working for Erie County. She told me that my application was received on January 11th and was on the Detective's desk. She took my information and said she would ask the Detective to call me back. At 8 months in, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel after all.....

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
    I called the Cheektowaga Police Department to check the status of my application and the lady I spoke with was much more pleasant than the crew working for Erie County. She told me that my application was received on January 11th and was on the Detective's desk. She took my information and said she would ask the Detective to call me back. At 8 months in, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel after all.....
    Don't count on it! I'm hearing 18 months is more like it. My permit was approved over 10 weeks ago and I have yet to get my actual permit in the mail. Waiting for the worthless slugs to print the stupid card out and mail it to me. Try calling the county clerks office. The county clerk is the BOSS of these rotten people who work in the pistol permit office. Maybe she can light a fire under thier ass:

Erie County Clerk's Office
    Kathy Hochul, Erie County Clerk
    92 Franklin Street, Buffalo, New York 14202
    (716) 858-8865
    Fax: (716) 858-6550
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm

Two weeks ago I was at the Permit Office adding a new addition to my wifes permit.
    I struck up a conversation with the clerk and asked him how long new applications were taking.
    He said "One year". He said they were backed up and they were not allowed to work any overtime.
    He said they got over 1000 applications in 2009 because of Obama. I corrected him stating that it was not so much Obama but the NY State Legislature and some of the bonehead legislation they are planning.
    Then - My son-in-law who put in his application in July told me that his references just got a letter in the mail to fill out for his application. So at this point in the process he is in for 6 months and his references are just now being contacted.

By the way - My wifes license was the "Penny Wolfgang" license yellow paper.
    They made her update to the new plastic ID with photo which they handled right there.
    No change in her unrestricted status just had to pay some fees for updating and adding a pistol etc. Total was $24.00 I think.

6. A year huh.... LOL.... I am at the 15 month point now, Got my letter that I was approved in Dec, and registered a gun the next day think that was Dec 6, called yesterday and was told 2 more weeks, there were about 75 cards to be printed before mine. Wait, wait, wait. But almost there, finally!

Not to add Insult to Injury. But, Florida is Processing an Average of 10,000 Applications a month And, getting the job done. Sheriff Denny Nau out of Centre County PA is averaging 200 a week with the longest wait time of 5 days Florida is averaging 45 days door to door WHAT IS WRONG WITH ERIE COUNTY???? all have same NCIC check, FBI check Reference check and yet we all sit back and, take it.. we keep defending the ones that are not getting the job done. Once your permit in Erie County is Approved and, you go down and, Reg your handgun they should print card right then and there. all they have to do is hit print. they are creating more work for themselves to justify there jobs. Computers were set in place to speed up our lives in erie county that works agaisnt you. Back years ago when there was paper permits it did not take nowhere nearas long as it does now to get your permit. why. we figure that one out we will have solved the counties budget problem. but, I would call the county clerk and politly ask why you havent received your permit and, its been since Dec06,2009 since it was entered into the COMPUTER AND, dont be afraid to remind them that your vote counts at election time. or, Start giving those jobs out to poeple like us and, we will get the jobdone honestly how hard is it to turn on a computer and enter data........ a six year old can do it these days... even though I have my permit Im still upset how Erie Counties System works. having allot of applications submitted is no excuse on why it takes 12-18 months. unless you are creating justifiable means to your employment. Centre County PA has only 1 Officer processing applications. im sure he doesnt like that job but, he does it and, does it well. our pistol permit office has 7 poeple working in that office what else can be said good luck to all of you waiting for your permits keep hammering the clerk thats her job she wanted it. so ,let her do it

8. Quote Originally Posted by holdmdwn View Post
    A year huh.... LOL.... I am at the 15 month point now, Got my letter that I was approved in Dec, and registered a gun the next day think that was Dec 6, called yesterday and was told 2 more weeks, there were about 75 cards to be printed before mine. Wait, wait, wait. But almost there, finally!
    If there are 75 cards ahead of you and it takes another two weeks to print them out (10 business days) that means they have to put 7.5 cards in the mail per day. That's less than 1 card per day per EMPLOYEE at this office. FIRE THEM ALL!

9. My permit was received by the PPB from my local PD in mid December. ( 8 months up to that point )
    How long of a wait have all of you been experiencing for the judge to review and pass judgement on you applications ? The guy at the PPB said 3 months.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mjb1956 View Post
    My permit was received by the PPB from my local PD in mid December. ( 8 months up to that point )
    How long of a wait have all of you been experiencing for the judge to review and pass judgement on you applications ? The guy at the PPB said 3 months.
    The guy at the gun shop told me 18 months is now the minimum time for a hunting/target type permit in Erie county. Two years is possible these days. He said it's now taking almost a year before they even get around to calling your references. This comes from a guy who claims to have government contacts. The lucky ones who applied early last year are the FAST ones. That's what he told me so take it for what it's worth.

anyone know anything about Schuyler County. Herd a fingerlakes Judge is deniing carry permit.

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast