Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 25
Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Insanity.

submitted my application back in march. passed the fbi and other background checks within a week. it has been sitting on the desk of west seneca police department ever since. no refs check nor have i been contacted. i am enjoying the wait

Quote Originally Posted by kubbie View Post
    submitted my application back in march. passed the fbi and other background checks within a week. it has been sitting on the desk of west seneca police department ever since. no refs check nor have i been contacted. i am enjoying the wait
    At this point I can't remember how long the process took me. However, the West Seneca Police were very effective in keeping the process rolling along. Did you get the name of the detective that is handling your background investigation?

Not to sure on the spelling but the name is detective papachino. The thing that sucks is he is only allowed to work on PO application on Saturday from 8 to noon

What was your experience with your LOCAL PD on the Background Check

Good Stuff.
    I think Erie Co only works them on Saturday also.
    Orchard Park sends letter to the references and calls the applicant.
    We should start a topic and make a list of the Local PDs and how they perform.

Date of Application turn in
    Date of Contact by PD
    Method of Contacts (phone, personal visit, letter)
    Date of last reference contact and method (phone, personal visit, letter)
    Date returned Downtown office.

It took me 5 months from my first contact to the last reference contact. Eire Co
    Last edited by golocx4; 09-06-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling

7. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the piece of plastic in the mail once you've purchased a gun, and submitted your paperwork to the Erie County permit office? I'm nearing the end of week 3, and still nada. They took the letter and original receipt, said the receipt, coupon, and permit would come in the mail. The lady on the phone when I called to ask today said 6-8 weeks, in person 4-6 weeks when i dropped off the paperwork. Both times had a real attitude.

Is anyone able to comment on the real wait time? I don't get why I can't pick it up there, when they print them there for adds. It makes no sense to me.

Thanks!

8. It took almost exactly four weeks from the time i purchased until when I received my actual permit. I was down at the office registering again on Monday and I overheard them doing pictures and thumbprints when originally applying now in order to cut that time down. I received my permit this July.

9. Thanks for the update. Anyone else out there a little more recent? I sent them a polite email today asking why they have to mail it when adds/deletes are done real time, and what the real wait time is. The reply should be entertaining. I hate this state.

I got my permit a few weeks ago. They told me it would take 2-4 weeks. It took longer than that... probably 6 weeks. After 4 weeks was up I called them and after looking at my file they said "Oh we have to call Niagara County to get the permit number of your father (whose guns I got put on my permit). I can do that today or tomorrow and get it sent right out." After that it only took a week or two... who knows how long it would have taken if I hadn't called.

got the phone call from wspd today. i quick 10 minute phone call as a preinterview told me he is going to contact all 4 of my references then he is going to set up a sit down interview with me. hopefully this and the next step goes quickly

Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast