Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 29
Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 714

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger10/22 View Post
    Hi there, I was interviewed over the phone by the Amherst PD back in November. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. He asked for names and addresses of my current and previous employer as well as my current and previous address. I was also asked my reason for wanting a permit, if I abused drugs or alcohol or been treated for a mental illness. No surprises.
    When I got my permit, the Amherst Police only interviewed the references, they never interviewed me.

    What did you say as to the reason for wanting the permit?

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    When I got my permit, the Amherst Police only interviewed the references, they never interviewed me.

    What did you say as to the reason for wanting the permit?
    Target shooting. Did he interview your references by phone as well?

    BTW, called last week to check on the process. They told me that my paperwork has been returned as is waiting for the judge's review. I will post the rest of my information soon.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kubbie View Post
    That's weird that you did a phone interview because I to did a phone interview. But I have doing some research on the ast cheif and from what people have told me he is a cool laid back guy
    Yeah, I really expected to have to make an appointment, take off work and go to the police station.

  5. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger10/22 View Post
    Target shooting. Did he interview your references by phone as well?

    BTW, called last week to check on the process. They told me that my paperwork has been returned as is waiting for the judge's review. I will post the rest of my information soon.
    Yep, he called the references. Never did a face to face interview with them.

    Maybe the reason they do interviews of the applicants now is because of the change in finger print procedure.

    When I got my permit, I had to go to the Amherst police station to be fingerprinted and the investigating took my prints. He got a chance to "meet" me then, although he already knew me.

  6. #285
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    west seneca new york
    Posts
    16
    interview with the ast. police chief went great. within the first 2 mins he said i should receive my permit in the next 2 months. i do have one question; im getting target/hunting restrictions on my permit. i want to be able to take my gun with me when im out camping. is that within my restrictions or do i need to get an upgrade asap

  7. just handed in my paper work and got printed last week! now i hurry up and wait, anyone have an idea how long orchard park takes?

  8. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by kubbie View Post
    interview with the ast. police chief went great. within the first 2 mins he said i should receive my permit in the next 2 months. i do have one question; im getting target/hunting restrictions on my permit. i want to be able to take my gun with me when im out camping. is that within my restrictions or do i need to get an upgrade asap
    Depends on where you camp. If target practice is allowed where you camp, or if you have a hunting license and hunting is allowed where you camp, then you don't need to request any changes.

    I usually backpack in the state forest in the Adirondacks or the state forest outside of the ADK's. Hunting and target practice are generally allowed both.

    The only exceptions for me are Allegany State Park and other state parks under the jurisdiction of the NYS Dept of Parks, because they don't allow handguns.

  9. Just a quick update- I originally applied in Sep 09. Still no call from BPD or ref check. It's truly unbelievable. It'll be 17 months soon. Last time I called the permit office they informed me that there's a huge backlog with city residents and only one person handles the permits. Anyone on here ever hear of a 2 year wait? That's what my situation is turning into. One thing that hurt me was I applied before they did the e-printing and my print check with Justice took longer than usual.

  10. #289
    @jayrab, 17 months? Wow. If that's any indication, my 12 months is going to turn into many more. I've already had to send notification to PPD twice to update my application due to references and myself getting new phone numbers or moving. I'll be moving in April myself, so now what do I have to do? Reapply at "New-Place-in-Erie-County" Police Department? Or get existing app transferred? ... guess I have to call and find out...

    ::Frustrated::

    Jan 2010: app in
    Nov 2010: called PPD, they said they'll be getting to it "soon"
    Jan 2011: references not contacted yet

  11. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elma NY
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrab View Post
    Just a quick update- I originally applied in Sep 09. Still no call from BPD or ref check. It's truly unbelievable. It'll be 17 months soon. Last time I called the permit office they informed me that there's a huge backlog with city residents and only one person handles the permits. Anyone on here ever hear of a 2 year wait? That's what my situation is turning into. One thing that hurt me was I applied before they did the e-printing and my print check with Justice took longer than usual.
    I also applied in Sept 09. However Erie Co Sheriff did my checks. It was in their hands from January until August. Got my permit in Sept 2010.
    Forgot to mention Erie Co did my interview in March 2010.
    17 months is ridiculous. If you have any contacts at Buff PD use them.

Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast