Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 30
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Hello folks, here is my story:
    March 5, 2010: handed in all paperwork to Erie County

March 11, 2010: electronic fingerprints taken by L1-Enrollment services
    April, 2010: called to check status, told that the paperwork had been sent to the Amherst PD.

November 1, 2010: called to check status, told that my files are still with the Amherst PD

November 15, 2010: message left by Amherst PD detective asking me to return call him for an interview.

November 16, 2010: phone interview with Amherst PD detective.

November 22, 2010: confirmed that all references had been contacted

January 3, 2011: called to check status, told that my files have been returned by the Amherst PD and are waiting to be reviewed by a judge.

January 21, 2011: received congratulations letter from clerk’s office, I will be registering a gun next week.

congratulations! :)

4. ruger10/22

Thanks for posting your timeline. That is great info for all of those wishing to obtain their permit in Amherst and Erie County. That is the one question we always get, " how long of a wait?"

www.ftwny.com
    [email protected]
    Firearms Training of Western New York

I just called down to ecppd to see if the ast chief kept his word about dropping it off right away after my interview and he did not. So after a week and a half its still on his desk.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FTWNY View Post
    ruger10/22

Thanks for posting your timeline. That is great info for all of those wishing to obtain their permit in Amherst and Erie County. That is the one question we always get, " how long of a wait?"

www.ftwny.com
    [email protected]
    Firearms Training of Western New York
    I'm glad to contribute. This thread has been such a great source of information for me. Here is an update:

March 5, 2010: handed in all paperwork to Erie County

March 11, 2010: electronic fingerprints taken by L1-Enrollment services
    April, 2010: called to check status, told that the paperwork had been sent to the Amherst PD.

November 1, 2010: called to check status, told that my files are still with the Amherst PD

November 15, 2010: message left by Amherst PD detective asking me to return call him for an interview.

November 16, 2010: phone interview with Amherst PD detective.

November 22, 2010: confirmed that all references had been contacted

January 3, 2011: called to check status, told that my files have been returned by the Amherst PD and are waiting to be reviewed by a judge.

January 21, 2011: received congratulations letter from clerk’s office, I will be registering a gun next week.

January 24, activated my permit and told to expect it in 4-6 weeks.

7. My Time Frame

Handed in my Application downtown on October 18. Received my letter in the mail yesterday saying I have a pistol permit. Took took about 15 weeks start to finish. My PD was great (Cheektowaga). Called me and my references same day and passed application on.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy82 View Post
    Handed in my Application downtown on October 18. Received my letter in the mail yesterday saying I have a pistol permit. Took took about 15 weeks start to finish. My PD was great (Cheektowaga). Called me and my references same day and passed application on.
    that has to be a record! congrats!!!

9. Hi I am new to the area and live right in the city, I would like to know what are the requirements to own a shotgun for home defense and range shooting? Do i need a permit? what are the rules ect? I fall under Erie County, thank you in advance.

Bufbill

10. New To Area

Hello and welcome to B-Lo, as far as a shotgun for home defense you do not need to register it, if you purchase one from a dealer then you would need to fill out the 4473 background form and pass the check, good if you don't have a felony recently or convictions, esp. dom. violence, if you wish to purchase a hand gun for the same purpose, you have to take a course (pistol permit) and then apply downtown for your permit, erie county states that they are around 6-8 mos. now but you can see from fellow members its longer, good luck hope that helps..

11. my time frame

Hi everybody! well....im new to this site, however i have been reading on this topic about ERIE COUNTY, and let me tell u.....they told me the wait would be 6 to 8 months too....thats not the case at ALL! i turn my paper work in FEBUARY of last year and still have'nt heard anything! im still waiting but i will keep you guys updated if anything change

Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast