Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 31
Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Quote Originally Posted by holdmdwn View Post
    The unfortunate thing for me is, I have 2 other counties within walking distance of my home and friends in these counties have gotten their permits within days, instead of months. Erie county is something else.
    Does Bloomberg have a vacation home in Erie county by any chance? Only kidding, We have it pretty tough also hear on Long Island. When i got mine back in 1989 it took almost a year. Last summer my wife finally went for it. I think she got it in 4 months.

So i think generally nationwide most states are playing ball a little fairer. Good luck, i know how it feels like forever. Youll have it and be shooting in no time

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lake Erie Arms View Post
    Hello and welcome to B-Lo, as far as a shotgun for home defense you do not need to register it, if you purchase one from a dealer then you would need to fill out the 4473 background form and pass the check, good if you don't have a felony recently or convictions, esp. dom. violence, if you wish to purchase a hand gun for the same purpose, you have to take a course (pistol permit) and then apply downtown for your permit, erie county states that they are around 6-8 mos. now but you can see from fellow members its longer, good luck hope that helps..
    Thank you for the info, no problems with record clean one The only problem is the rough neighborhood LOL I think i will stick to the shotgun instead. Rather them than my family or me

4. Update to my experience:

March 5, 2010: handed in all paperwork to Erie County

March 11, 2010: electronic fingerprints taken by L1-Enrollment services
    April, 2010: called to check status, told that the paperwork had been sent to the Amherst PD.

November 1, 2010: called to check status, told that my files are still with the Amherst PD

November 15, 2010: message left by Amherst PD detective asking me to return call him for an interview.

November 16, 2010: phone interview with Amherst PD detective.

November 22, 2010: confirmed that all references had been contacted

January 3, 2011: called to check status, told that my files have been returned by the Amherst PD and are waiting to be reviewed by a judge.

January 21, 2011: received congratulations letter from clerk’s office, I will be registering a gun next week.

January 24, activated my permit and told to expect it in 4-6 weeks.

February 5, 2011: Received my permit in the mail with Target & Hunting restrictions.

12 days shy of a year I received my congratulations letter

Quote Originally Posted by kubbie View Post
    12 days shy of a year I received my congratulations letter
    Congrats!

Be happy, it is for life - no need to renew every 3-6 years like other states.

7. anyone know about orchard park? as to wait time and what not

8. Quote Originally Posted by lurchmuffins View Post
    anyone know about orchard park? as to wait time and what not
    Mine was about 3.5 months start to finish.

9. oh wow thats not bad? i just sent in my reference letters in on friday so lets hope its not to much longer, i want it for my birthday in the end up april, but i think its a long shot

10. We keep getting more and more of our students coming back and telling us that their Erie County permit letters were issued in less then 4 months. This seems to be a trend that has been steady lately.

update

jan 2010: turned in application
    feb 11 2011: all references contacted
    march 28 2011: nothing yet

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from "all references contacted" to the "come meet the judge letter"?

Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast