Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 41
Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    It all depends on which town you live in. Orchard Park PD does a great job. If you live in OP you can expect your process to be complete in 3 to 4 months.
    If you live in a town without a PD and is patrolled by Erie Co Sheriff you will wait 11 to 14 months.
    Depew asks your references to say something negative about the applicant. ( I suggest saying you don't like the color of his car)
    Other towns vary by as much as 6 months to a year.
    All of this is because of the laws are capricious and arbitrary so they can do what ever they want.
    Remember all of this on Election Day. Sheriff is an elected position. Ask the Mayor of your town WTF is up the PDs skirt that it takes them so long.
    Demand action.
    Unfortunately we are all conditioned that CCW is doing something wrong or bad and they(the PD) will deny us if we make waves.
    Then as soon as we get our Permit we will actually defend NY State laws as being very CCW friendly.
    I'm sure if I go through the 40 pages of this forum I will find some sort of response but what is the 2011-2012 process been like for the town/village of hamburg? I'm bracing for a minimal 1 year wait but would be a total blessing if it was done in less time. Thanks all - off to my FTOWNY!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy82 View Post
    I'm sure if I go through the 40 pages of this forum I will find some sort of response but what is the 2011-2012 process been like for the town/village of hamburg? I'm bracing for a minimal 1 year wait but would be a total blessing if it was done in less time. Thanks all - off to my FTOWNY!
    I live in the Village of Hamburg, which I forgot to add to my previous post and it took 5 months

A good friend of mine also lives in the Village of Hamburg. He recieved his permit Target/Hunting in 6 Months
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

I just found out that when I applied for my CCW, the Sheriff doing the interview of my references also questioned several of my neighbors that were not listed. He informed them that I was applying for my CCW permit and questioned them about my integrity. Some of the people didn't even know me at the time...WTF. So much for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I just found out that when I applied for my CCW, the Sheriff doing the interview of my references also questioned several of my neighbors that were not listed. He informed them that I was applying for my CCW permit and questioned them about my integrity. Some of the people didn't even know me at the time...WTF. So much for privacy.
    There's nothing private about a pistol permit in NYS - the entire database can be obtained via a FOIL request.

Posting my status:

Took FTOWNY on 03.14.12
    Handed in application at Pistol Permit Dept: 03.21.12
    Finger printed in Lackawanna: 03.21.12

Now the waiting game...

8. Turned my app in 9/12/2011, fingerprints same day lackawanna, all my references were contacted beginning of march and had my phone interview with buffalo detective yesterday, getting closer...anyone have a rough guess as to how much time is left ?

9. Called the permit office today for a status on my application - he said it was on the judges desk. It's a week shy of 6 months. Hopefully not much longer!

10. I called again today too, was told it was on way to the judge, just over 7 months but the guy said they go to the judge in rotations and it could be a few more months

11. What kind of rotation takes several months!!??

Killing my hope of a permit within the next month!

Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast