Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 44
Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Lobo519 & bc101 : where are you located? Seems as there is obviously a big difference in process time between the two.

3. Tonawanda

10/11 - application submitted
    10/17 - finger printing
    2/12 - PD interview
    2/17 - references contacted
    4/10 - called office , waiting for judge
    4/28 - received letter

4. Quote Originally Posted by lobo519 View Post
    Got my letter today!! I was about 6 months and 1 week.
    Congrats! Let us know if you need anything!

5. WOW ! Just got blasted by a fine county employee at the Erie County Pistol Permit office who advised me that "I won't even get out of the program I'm in to check on the status of your application" and that "it's a minimum of 8 months" Now I asked for the status, not if it was complete, what a rotten attitude from this individual.

6. I was just in there today - everyone was very pleasant but they were slammed!

Still no excuse for rudeness - man or women?

Quote Originally Posted by JR63 View Post
    WOW ! Just got blasted by a fine county employee at the Erie County Pistol Permit office who advised me that "I won't even get out of the program I'm in to check on the status of your application" and that "it's a minimum of 8 months" Now I asked for the status, not if it was complete, what a rotten attitude from this individual.
    You should complain to Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs about the rudeness.

But if you really want to be heard, go to this and complain to him personally:

Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process-scaled_e1335472324.jpg

8. You guys getting your letters got me excited again, .....still waiting

9. Its hit and miss on getting help from the permit office. I called today to check on the status and they looked it up for me. It was signed by the judge last week, but he said it would still be another 2 - 3 weeks before i will get it.
    A friend at work is selling one of his pistols and I am going to buy it from him when i finally get my papers. Can anyone tell me how i'm going to have to go about doing that? Is the process for doing that longer than if i buy one at a store?

10. According to the Permit office, there has been a 50% increase in applications since the start of 2012. So expect things to slow even further.

I just don't understand why everyone on here complains over and over about the delays. Man up. There are delays and more delays expected. Be patient or take some action with your politicians. This constant belly aching is tiresome. It's no wonder some clerk in the office blew his/her cool one time. Sheesh!
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast