Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 46
Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. My letter came today, hunting Target but glad it finally came took just under 9 months for city of buffalo

3. Congrats!!! Still waiting for my references to be called after they hand delivered them to the local PD.

4. Ya you got some time yet, but started writing a letter about how unsatisfied i am with this process, it will never change if people don't complain

Quote Originally Posted by wildmann567 View Post
    Ya you got some time yet, but started writing a letter about how unsatisfied i am with this process, it will never change if people don't complain
    That is why I joined SCOPE! SCOPE met with the PPO about a year ago and got commitments to improve after pointing out problems people were having with the requirement that all the references for Erie County Sheriff must live in home town. They also improved the process from their office to the Judge.
    Recently they met with Sheriff Howard. Sheriff Howard was not aware that his Deputy's were asking the applicant to talk to a neighbor (not listed on App). He stated that they (the Sheriffs Dept) recently made changes in the assigning of the Applications and are getting them back now in 20 days form the Deputies. (Changed about 4 months ago) He listened to a lot of stories and concerns and promised to take a look at the process and suggest improvements.
    We told him that if a resident of Orchard Park can get their permit in 4 months from drop off to letter, then that is should be the best demonstrated performance and the Sheriff's Dept should try to match it.
    We also told him that for a pistol license to take 4 months is ridiculous. He more or less agreed. He is pro-gun.
    We think that there are good things to come in improving the time line.
    NOTE: We realize that in 2009 and 2010 it took the PPO 11 to 14 months to issue a Pistol Permit.
    We are looking forward to the future.

6. I had my permit 3 months to the day I dropped it off at the county. ;)

7. new to this . I'm in Cheektowaga and I was interview back on April 8 ,2012.I called downtown last week and they told me that they just got the paper work back from Cheektowaga pd and it's getting ready to be handed to the judge . Can anyone tell me how long of a wait I'm still looking at ??? I started this whole thing by dropping off my app back on Nov 7, 2011. My ref were contacted in March of 2012 . Thanks for the help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy82 View Post
    I had my permit 3 months to the day I dropped it off at the county. ;)
    What town and which PD did your background.

9. I live in Cheektowaga. I had my interview in late February. I just got my permit this past Saturday.

10. Is anyone from the southtowns.. where their local Police is the Evans PD? I was just wondering if they are as speedy as OP or as slow as some of the others I have heard about. I do know they are responsible for bg check just haven't heard anybody wanting one in this area lately. I do know that when I submitted my paperwork to the PPO the place was packed with 8-9 people in front of my all submitting papers for pistols so I am pretty sure I am in for a long wait either way.....but still just curious...

Submit paperwork 5/1/12 and fingerprinted 5/2/12

11. Hi folks, a friend of mine applied for a permit about a month ago. Shortly after that he moved from Amherst to Depew. Does he need to notify the permit office?

Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast