Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 47
Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Yes, have your friend give them a call. His references will end up being checked by the Depew PD instead of Amherst.

Seems logical he would do that. They need a good mailing address, don't you think?
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

4. Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Seems logical he would do that. They need a good mailing address, don't you think?
    yes it does. I hear that in Depew they ask for references for your references and thus complicating the process more than any other department. In Amherst the detective takes care of everything by phone. I think he was hoping to leave it as is until after his references have been contacted and then change his address. His old address is still good because the house is still in the family.

Just wanted to check up with you folks on here to see what kinda of reaction you have recieved. I prefese this by asking; I am coming up on 3 months from my submittal date and am interested in following up with the PPO to see where the permit is at however I'd rather not "impose" on them especially if they're swamped. I know it is my right to have the info but at the same time I don't want to be a burdance. What has your experiences been? Also is there any hope for me to have a permit this summer (I reside in the town of hamburg). Hope all is well with everyone. Maybe ill see some of you at the upcoming FTOWNY for the Florida, Arizona, and Utah CCW course.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy82 View Post
    Just wanted to check up with you folks on here to see what kinda of reaction you have recieved. I prefese this by asking; I am coming up on 3 months from my submittal date and am interested in following up with the PPO to see where the permit is at however I'd rather not "impose" on them especially if they're swamped. I know it is my right to have the info but at the same time I don't want to be a burdance. What has your experiences been? Also is there any hope for me to have a permit this summer (I reside in the town of hamburg). Hope all is well with everyone. Maybe ill see some of you at the upcoming FTOWNY for the Florida, Arizona, and Utah CCW course.
    After about a month I called and asked if they needed anything else from me. I put it this way as I thought I would sound like I was trying o be helpful. I also feel like I have to walk on egg shells when dealing with these people. The person I spoke to was very nice. She informed me that they had finished the background check and sent the paperwork to the Amherst PD.

7. ruger10/22 and countryboy82, I was reading your post and if you read the paper work correctly and you listen to them downtown they told you 6-8 months . I know a person who works there and she told me that people like you guys call after a month or so hoping to get it faster by calling . Trust me it still takes a long time to get it. My advice is just hang in there it will come around the 7-8 month mark or sooner .

8. Quote Originally Posted by target74 View Post
    ruger10/22 and countryboy82, I was reading your post and if you read the paper work correctly and you listen to them downtown they told you 6-8 months . I know a person who works there and she told me that people like you guys call after a month or so hoping to get it faster by calling . Trust me it still takes a long time to get it. My advice is just hang in there it will come around the 7-8 month mark or sooner .
    No, I wasn't trying to make it go faster. It took me 11 months and that was what I expected. When I called, I just wanted to know where I was in the process. I was very polite, as was the person I spoke with. Why is it so bad to ask?

9. Target74 is absolutely right!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by goosehunter View Post
    Target74 is absolutely right!!
    I'm not recommending frequent phone calls to the office. Just one or two. What is the harm in asking?

11. I called once a month after the police interview and thought it was completly reasonable they are there to serve you its there job that's why we pay taxes

Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast