Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 51
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Same boat, handed in on 2-10-12, print done on 2-11-12. West Seneca didn't contact anyone yet. They have had all the info for months. I know in the past they were quick but I guess they are really swamped. Also the last year they were given full carry mostly which is unusual but now they are back to hunting and targets.....

3. Jsut called PPO to see if they could give me an update on status of Permit and I got an extremely helpful guy tell me that they are backlogged on mental health checks. I told him the time frame that I have been waiting for(submitted May 1st) and he said he could tell me w/o even looking that is probably where it sits ......he looked anyway and sure enough. He said even if it was submitted back in Feb., March that would be where it is.......so.....the wait continues......I am hoping just maybe it will be a nice christmas gift....but that could be a long shot too...no pun intended.

4. I handed in my stuff Jan 2nd, references were contacted and i spoke with an officer and he said he was submitting the permit to Erie County about 3 weeks ago. About how long does it sit on the judges desk after your local PD submits it??? Hopefully I will get my letter soon. Thanks

5. It does not "sit on the judges desk". After the PD returns the paperwork to the Erie County Pistol Permit Department, Mr Fowler's office groups files according to the applications (i.e. target & hunting, business protection/unrestricted). Individual files are not submitted to the judge. Packages of files containing approximately 50 individual applications are submitted. Clean files (no prior arrests, good references, etc) come back from the judge to the Pistol Permit Office no later than 48 hours. Files with issues are scheduled for a hearing with the judge's law clerk.

6. Hello all,
    I applied for my unrestricted back in July and haven't heard a thing. A guy I work with got his back after two weeks (that was in November, when we had an interim county clerk). He did have his permit for a while considering he was 16 when first got his permit. I was wondering what the hold up is? Are they that back logged?

7. ATC- I suggest you call the pistol permit dept. Upgrade applications go fairly quickly. Turnaround with the judge on these is a day or two. Check with Mr. Fowler's Office on the status.

8. Quote Originally Posted by goosehunter View Post
    ATC- I suggest you call the pistol permit dept. Upgrade applications go fairly quickly. Turnaround with the judge on these is a day or two. Check with Mr. Fowler's Office on the status.
    I agree, check with the PPO. When I applied for my unrestricted upgrade, I applied in early June and didn't hear anything by Sept, I called the PPO and they informed me that I was approved and they sent out my upgrade letter (which I never got) in mid June, all I had to do was go down tho the PPO to get the new permit printed.

9. Thanks zeke1975 and goosehunter. I did call today, the phone was answered in one ring and the gentleman in the office was beyond courteous. I honestly expected to be screamed at for asking or hung up on. He told me to "expect something in the mail soon". So now I'm wondering what that "something" will be. I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

I live in Nevada and honestly, you guys have my sympathies. I'm curious but I'm assuming that criminals in NYS don't have the same issues getting a hold of handguns....

Although I could be wrong....

sent via ipad using tapatalk

Hi all, have been lurking this forum for awhile but finally wanted to post as I'm working on my pistol permit application. From Hamburg in Erie County, NY. Does anyone have tips with regards to references? I know that the application wants people who live in the same town/city but I only have a couple of people who fit the bill of knowing me for some time in my town. In contrast, I work over in Amherst and have several colleagues/friends who would be willing references. Would it be worth it to try and get the permission for out-of-town references or should I just try and find some more locals? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks.

Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast