Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 57
Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Patience my friend is what you need now you have a Long wait. My application has been back at Erie county since Oct 2nd from my local PD everything is done and I called last week. They said up to another month and I am in the next batch to hit the judges desk. Was not sure if the lady said 50 or 150 go at a time for approval.

3. Waiting 6 months to date. Probably have another 6 to 8 months longer. Not sure if I should make the call or not. What if they lost or misplaced my application? Resident of Amherst NY. APD probably sitting on it.

Went for finger prints today, so I guess that really starts the process. May be a waist of time if NY legislature passes new restrictive laws!

5. Prints taken 1/14/2012. References contacted / interview completed by 12/19/2012. The wait continues....

Well I have had a very strange thing happen to my application that I wanted to know if anyone else had this happen or not. I applied for my application in March 2012. I waited till September/October to follow up. The ECPP office said the application had made it back from Albany and was sent to the local PD (hamburg) in July. I followed up again just last week with the detective at the hamburg PD and they stated they never received my application which prompted an immediate phone call to the ECPP office. After spending 2 days contacting someone there, they were able to "find" my application and said it was never sent to Hamburg but has been there the whole time. I was a little upset but more relieved they had it. I asked if they would be forwarding it down to Hamburg now and they stated no, but would be handled internally by their own investigator. First, are they even able to do that, and two, any advise on how I should handle it from this point forward? It sat in the county office for 4 months and in just less than 90 days I will be approaching my 1 year mark. I am willing to go the distance for this but truthfully I fear with everything in the media the overall process will come to a stand-still and my permit may never come...

All that said, good luck to all of those with their permits submitted and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Re: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

You will be better off now. Check with your references. As soon as they are all contacted. You are about 30days away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

8. I have been watching this thread for over a year and thought I would chime in and explain my experience with the erie county pistol permit process. I am a veteran, a resident in Amherst and I have applied for a unrestricted permit. Here is my timeline..

-I submitted my application November 17th 2011
    -Fingerprints completed November 19th 2011
    -Application sent to Amherst PD in January 2012 (According to the Erie Country Clerk via email)
    -Received Phone call from Amherst PD in September 2012. (Yes thats 9 months of no movement)
    -My References were called a day or two after the Amherst PD called me.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that we have to wait this long, no I am not in a rush to receive a firearm. But I do wish to protect family and myself at all times as the law permits. I have several family members and friends who have received their full carry permits in niagara county in 3 months or less. Thats my story, the wait continues...

Seems it's going to get a lot worse if Cuomo and libs get their way. Re-register every 5 years, that is if you can get one in the first place.

Ziggy if you haven't' called the PPO yet and inquired, do so now.
    Because the methods being used are the same as they were in the 30's things can get lost or mis-placed
    Tell them that Amherst PD has completed their part and you would like an update please.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy82 View Post
    Well I have had a very strange thing happen to my application that I wanted to know if anyone else had this happen or not. I applied for my application in March 2012. I waited till September/October to follow up. The ECPP office said the application had made it back from Albany and was sent to the local PD (hamburg) in July. I followed up again just last week with the detective at the hamburg PD and they stated they never received my application which prompted an immediate phone call to the ECPP office. After spending 2 days contacting someone there, they were able to "find" my application and said it was never sent to Hamburg but has been there the whole time. I was a little upset but more relieved they had it. I asked if they would be forwarding it down to Hamburg now and they stated no, but would be handled internally by their own investigator. First, are they even able to do that, and two, any advise on how I should handle it from this point forward? It sat in the county office for 4 months and in just less than 90 days I will be approaching my 1 year mark. I am willing to go the distance for this but truthfully I fear with everything in the media the overall process will come to a stand-still and my permit may never come...

All that said, good luck to all of those with their permits submitted and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.
    Glad you got this straightened out. I called twice during the process to make sure that this didn't happen. I think that cases like this prove that it is necessary to call the PPO and that those who do call for an update are not just trying to badger the folks at the office or get a permit sooner as some have suggested. Hope you get yours soon.

Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast