Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 59
Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. ziggy9mm
    If you don't mind me asking what did you write down as your reason for a unrestricted permit ??? Sorry your process was very long

3. Hi all

Submitted my application to PP office on March 7th, 2012.
    I just had my phone interview and my references did as well, today (1/30/2013). So just shy of 11 months. I live in Amherst.

Will update once i get my letter

Thanks

4. Quote Originally Posted by tmac022480 View Post
    Hi all

I just had my phone interview and my references did as well, today (1/30/2013). So just shy of 11 months. I live in Amherst.

Thanks
    Do what I did, give them a call if you haven't heard anything by March. When I called in early January I was told that it was waiting for judge approval. I received in the mail the next week and it had been signed off by the judge on November 5th. Doesn't hurt to try anyway...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1711 View Post
    Do what I did, give them a call if you haven't heard anything by March. When I called in early January I was told that it was waiting for judge approval. I received in the mail the next week and it had been signed off by the judge on November 5th. Doesn't hurt to try anyway...
    Funny you say that. I did actually call the PP office on Jan 18th asking for an update since i had heard absolutely nothing this entire time. They said they'd look into it and call me back on Jan 22nd. They never called me back but all of the sudden, there's movement?...Find it a little hard to believe it's coincidence that right after I called, things start moving forward. So totally agree, a phone call doesn't seem to hurt if you've given it enough time and haven't heard anything.

6. Quote Originally Posted by tmac022480 View Post
    Hi all

Thanks
    My references & I had our phone interviews on 11/12/12 - I live in the City of Buffalo, so I believe the Investigating officer is actually in-house at the County Permit office and I am still waiting.... I did however, receive my Tax bill from Erie County on Friday. They are pretty efficient at issuing those to residents.

7. Has anyone tried to call lately to get any type of updates? I have tried last few days and now there is an automated system and only option 6 gets the phone to ring and after 5 or 6 rings automated system say "all clerks are busy" goodbye and try again later. I must have tried 10 times at random times......nothing!

8. Quote Originally Posted by jamiejones View Post
    Has anyone tried to call lately to get any type of updates? I have tried last few days and now there is an automated system and only option 6 gets the phone to ring and after 5 or 6 rings automated system say "all clerks are busy" goodbye and try again later. I must have tried 10 times at random times......nothing!
    I didn't have that happen when I called (in Jan) although they were about as helpful as an automated system

9. I actually got through to someone around 330 yesterday put on hold til around 400 someone picked up and hungup

I will be 9 months this week, I have not heard anything from the PPO office or police dept. i live in tonawanda. I figure i will be lucky if i get permit by 15 month mark....and i bet it will be target hunting.

11. 13-1/2 months...... Still waiting in Amherst.

Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast