Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 62
Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Sorry, west Seneca here...I had all my stuff completed and approved by Police Chief (last step according to him) then onto licencing judge. Yes I know that judge has final say... Im just saying waiting for final approval and letter 5 months?? I originally put in Jan 2012. I'm waiting patiently... what cha gonna do.

Heard yesterday that Erie County is now requiring a form be signed allowing access to your medical records as part of the Pistol Permit application. This is a waiver which allows them to check if you were treated or prescribed medications for "mental health" purposes....now that the NY State Police(and Gov Cuomo) GOT CAUGHT DOING THIS ILLEGALLY!!!

4. Im in Orchard Park...
    Applied April 9 2012
    References contacted January 2013
    Interviewed February 9 2013
    Expecting to get my permit in July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    Im in Orchard Park...
    Applied April 9 2012
    Shooter I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, almost similar timeline except my interview was done at same time as references in Jan. although I fear it may be more like July/August.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    Im in Orchard Park...
    Applied April 9 2012
    That's just downright sad!
    I thought is was long when I got mine almost 15 years ago...it took about 6-8 months back then....and don't be surprised if you have a "hunting & target" restriction. You have to prove you can be 'responsible' with a weapon..... by locking them up when not hunting or at the range.
    It's just another way to delay "granting" your rights for personal protection through unrestricted carry.

Hopefully, you're grandfathered in before they started requiring a 'waiver' allowing them to scour your medical records for "certain" medications.

What a sad state of affairs in this POS state we live in!

7. Quote Originally Posted by brickbandit31 View Post
    Shooter I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, almost similar timeline except my interview was done at same time as references in Jan. although I fear it may be more like July/August.
    From people ive been talking to that have just gotten their permit, it has been 4-6 months after their interview.

The biggest reason for different time frames is the local authorities. Talked ton one that submitted the same week as me, but cheektowaga, and their refs were contacted in october. The got their permit in march.

8. Prints taken 1/14/2012
    Interviews began 11/29/2012. Completed 12/19/2012.
    Still waiting in Amherst.

Submitted info March 12, 2012
    Interview Dec. 2012
    Paperwork sent back from detective to county with charater references and interview January 27, 2013
    STILL WAITING from Hamburg

10. Finally!!!!

Just got my permit in the mail today. I'm a Hamburg resident. Submitted my paperwork April 15 2012. Was told it was a 8 to ten month wait. Had my interview with the Hamburg police in the beginning of October 2012. Had to give each of my references a interview sheet to be filled out and sent back to the Hamburg police (each reference had to have their statements notarized). That was completed by November 1st 2012. Called the Erie County pistol permit office on February 1st 2013 to inquire about my permits status. They told me it was sitting on their desk with about 300 others waiting to be signed by the judge. (3 months for a judge to sign and for them to send me a letter? What a joke!!!!) Finally received it today. Target and hunting. Now I can go pick up my M&P 9c (that I purchased in February) tomorrow. Someone should really do something about this ridiculous wait time. Totally unacceptable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Heard yesterday that Erie County is now requiring a form be signed allowing access to your medical records as part of the Pistol Permit application. This is a waiver which allows them to check if you were treated or prescribed medications for "mental health" purposes....now that the NY State Police(and Gov Cuomo) GOT CAUGHT DOING THIS ILLEGALLY!!!
    This is not allowed under NY license law provisions in article 400.

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast