Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 63
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

1. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    This is not allowed under NY license law provisions in article 400.
    No, Erie County is NOT requiring this. Another false rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger95 View Post
    Just got my permit in the mail today. I'm a Hamburg resident. Submitted my paperwork April 15 2012. Was told it was a 8 to ten month wait. Had my interview with the Hamburg police in the beginning of October 2012. Had to give each of my references a interview sheet to be filled out and sent back to the Hamburg police (each reference had to have their statements notarized). That was completed by November 1st 2012. Called the Erie County pistol permit office on February 1st 2013 to inquire about my permits status. They told me it was sitting on their desk with about 300 others waiting to be signed by the judge. (3 months for a judge to sign and for them to send me a letter? What a joke!!!!) Finally received it today. Target and hunting. Now I can go pick up my M&P 9c (that I purchased in February) tomorrow. Someone should really do something about this ridiculous wait time. Totally unacceptable imo.
    Stinger95 - congrats on getting your permit! Can you advise whether your a village or a town resident? No disrespect to you but it makes me wonder if there is a correlation with the response rate difference between town and village. I state this as I too am a hamburg resident (town of hamburg) and submitted my paperwork about a month before yours and still haven't heard anything yet. My paperwork was re-submitted by the detective at the end of Jan. 2013 (almost 3 months now) and when I finally got through that ridiculous automated answering system at the beginning of April 2013 to follow up on it the gentlemen said due to the NYS Safe Act I should expect another 2 month wait...we'll see how this goes. I 100% agree with you, completely ridiculous & unacceptable.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy82 View Post
    Stinger95 - congrats on getting your permit! Can you advise whether your a village or a town resident? No disrespect to you but it makes me wonder if there is a correlation with the response rate difference between town and village. I state this as I too am a hamburg resident (town of hamburg) and submitted my paperwork about a month before yours and still haven't heard anything yet. My paperwork was re-submitted by the detective at the end of Jan. 2013 (almost 3 months now) and when I finally got through that ridiculous automated answering system at the beginning of April 2013 to follow up on it the gentlemen said due to the NYS Safe Act I should expect another 2 month wait...we'll see how this goes. I 100% agree with you, completely ridiculous & unacceptable.
    I'm from Lake View. So that would make me a town resident. I totally understand your frustration. My only suggestion would be to show up at the pistol permit office in person and ask about the specific status of your permit application. I called and finally got through (after calling several times a day, every day of the week for a month. Always got the "we're busy with other customers, please try again later" message) at the end of March and they were far from specific. They told me it was probably sitting in a pile. I just went down today to add my pistol to my permit so I could go pick it up. I waited about 5 minutes to be taken care of. 4 people in line ahead of me. So there should be no reason why the couldn't tell you exactly what's going on with your permit. Good luck!

5. BC....interested on where exactly you are referring to in the statute?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by jmacesq View Post
    BC....interested on where exactly you are referring to in the statute?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    NYSPL S400.00 defines the application and approval process. There is no provision requiring a signed waiver of any kind.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11 months and still not a word from local PD.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bullzeye View Post
    11 months and still not a word from local PD.
    Was in the same boat back in Jan. i called PPO for an update...week later local PD called me and all my references in one day. I dont think it was coincidence

9. Permit arrived today. Hunting and Target. Roughly a year wait.

I am curious as to why you folks continue to live under that form of tyranny. In Virginia no permit required, go to the store, pick out your pistol, fill out background check paperwork, five minutes later go to the range, go home, fill out concealed carry application, take to courthouse, pay fifty bucks, 2 to 5 weeks later carry concealed. The biggest firearm problem in Virginia is finding ammunition. Virginia default position is that citizens are trusted to exercise their God given rights with care.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    I am curious as to why you folks continue to live under that form of tyranny. In Virginia no permit required, go to the store, pick out your pistol, fill out background check paperwork, five minutes later go to the range, go home, fill out concealed carry application, take to courthouse, pay fifty bucks, 2 to 5 weeks later carry concealed. The biggest firearm problem in Virginia is finding ammunition. Virginia default position is that citizens are trusted to exercise their God given rights with care.
    Simple, the people have given up. They have either a spineless or no pro rights org like the VCDL and continue to put the people in power that do this to to them. NO state North or South get's THAT bad unless the people allow it to. People in NY and NJ don't get that even in the South and Northern Pro-Gun states that idiot dems propose crap laws all the time, the difference is we don't stand for it. Even where I'm from in MA, while the permitting system is screwy at least they only legally have 40 days to get it to you. This year crap? NO EXCUSE! Especially since most of NY counties are country. No excuse for taking a year+ At some point people need to stop being affraid of pissing of the machine and fight back.

Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast