Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 67
Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Quote Originally Posted by nuch41 View Post
    After 17 months I finally received my approval letter. Good for hunting/target.
    Congrats Nuch41! What township are you in?

NUCH41 what town are you in?

4. I'm in Amherst. Prints were taken on 1/14/2012. One of references and I were interviewed on 11/29/2012. It took until 12/19/2012 to complete the reference interviews due to a lot of telephone tag. I got the letter yesterday.

5. One year anniversary date of submission today. Had my interviews approximately 2 months ago with Amherst, so today I decided to go down to the PPO today and check on my status. Allan was not on the front desk so I thought it wouldn't hurt to just ask anyone. The women first looked up my status in the system and explained to me that my application has not been returned from APD yet, and if it was returned it's in a stack of applications about 2 feed tall on the supervisors desk. Walked away very disgruntled, but I'm at their mercy. I guess I have another 5 to 6 months to wait.

6. PPO said my application was sent to the judge on 6/26. How much longer do you think until I get my letter? It's been exactly 14 months so far. She made it seem like I'll know in the next few weeks but I'd rather hear the truth from you guys

7. It all depends on how many apps the judge has to review, and sign. it could be a week, or even up to another 4-6 weeks.
    It's almost impossible to estimate how long it will take.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. If the file is "clean" (no arrests, recommendation from the police)the judge usually gets the files back to the pistol permit department within 48 hours. BUT, the wait for the letter to be mailed out from the pistol permit department can be several more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by goosehunter View Post
    If the file is "clean" (no arrests, recommendation from the police)the judge usually gets the files back to the pistol permit department within 48 hours. BUT, the wait for the letter to be mailed out from the pistol permit department can be several more weeks.
    It can be sitting up with the judge for weeks. I know of a few people who recently received there's, and the general timeline is the letter was received about 4-6 weeks AFTER Judge Boller reviewed the application. Plan on about 2 months.

10. No "clean' application sits up with the judge for weeks. Files with problems which require hearings or need further information are delayed. When the file goes back down to the P.D. department, 4 to 6 weeks of delay can certainly occur.

Quote Originally Posted by goosehunter View Post
    No "clean' application sits up with the judge for weeks. Files with problems which require hearings or need further information are delayed. When the file goes back down to the P.D. department, 4 to 6 weeks of delay can certainly occur.
    Yes they certainly can since they go up in stacks of 150 applications. Helps to work in the same building to have proper info.

Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast