Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 68
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 714

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

  1. #671
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Siler City, North Carolina
    Posts
    64
    Wow ! This is why I call NY " The People's Republic of New York ". 14 months ! That's rediculous. Talk about infringing on your right to keep and bear arms ! Here in America (North Carolina) all you need to do is take a 8 hour concealed carry class and then submit your paperwork to your county Sheriff. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks and then you get your concealed carry permit which is not only good everywhere in the State, but is recognized in 36 other states as well. That's a 24/7 ability to carry. So NY, GET rid of those liberal politicians ! Elect conseratives to the State legislature and a conservative governor and then you can straighten out you gun laws. O by the way, good luck with that 7 round magazine limit. Let me know how that works out.
    Will Antico

  2.   
  3. #672
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    Wow ! This is why I call NY " The People's Republic of New York ". 14 months ! That's rediculous. Talk about infringing on your right to keep and bear arms ! Here in America (North Carolina) all you need to do is take a 8 hour concealed carry class and then submit your paperwork to your county Sheriff. It takes about 2 to 4 weeks and then you get your concealed carry permit which is not only good everywhere in the State, but is recognized in 36 other states as well. That's a 24/7 ability to carry. So NY, GET rid of those liberal politicians ! Elect conseratives to the State legislature and a conservative governor and then you can straighten out you gun laws. O by the way, good luck with that 7 round magazine limit. Let me know how that works out.
    Now go to a restaurant with a bar for dinner or perhaps a parade. You'll be arrested.

    The long delays in NY aren't an attempt to stop people from getting a gun, they're due to a massive number of permit applications flooding small county departments with one or two employees.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Now go to a restaurant with a bar for dinner or perhaps a parade. You'll be arrested
    What's hilarious, is whenever somebody rightfully bashes NY gun law, your immediate go to is the restaurant thing. I think it's time to come up with something else!

  5. #674
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    What's hilarious, is whenever somebody rightfully bashes NY gun law, your immediate go to is the restaurant thing. I think it's time to come up with something else!
    OK, I'll go to the parade thing. What the hell is the problem with NC allowing you to carry standing on a public street at a parade? Restaurant carry? Perhaps the biggest carry issue in America right now. Being fought in multiple "gun-friendly" states as we speak. Why restaurant carry? Luby's café for one. I'm not dealing with any crazy gun laws in NYS. And I sure know the law here better than the armchair lawyers posting here. I arguably go where I want and do what I want unmolested; as we all do.

    Being a landowner in Western NC I'll eventually move there. But not if I'm more restricted there than in NYS.

    BTW, what NY gun law are we uninformed posters bashing today? If you're from VA what are ya'll doin on a NY chat board. The army of VA surrendered in 1865. The war is over, son.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. Ive heard the mental health department has been slow to send out certificates. Mine was at the PPO and not with my local PD with my app packet local PD was holding on to the packet, waiting for the cert. They finally called me to call the PPO to send the cert to them, just they could send the whole packet back to be forwarded to the judge. Ive also talked to people and the general consensus is letter in the mail 6 months after your interview with local PD. My interview was in february, expected my letter by august, but i was called in june so im not expecting my letter till December. That would be a 20 month wait for me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  7. #676
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter2384 View Post
    Ive heard the mental health department has been slow to send out certificates. Mine was at the PPO and not with my local PD with my app packet local PD was holding on to the packet, waiting for the cert. They finally called me to call the PPO to send the cert to them, just they could send the whole packet back to be forwarded to the judge. Ive also talked to people and the general consensus is letter in the mail 6 months after your interview with local PD. My interview was in february, expected my letter by august, but i was called in june so im not expecting my letter till December. That would be a 20 month wait for me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That's a pretty bad response time. Some counties are running only 3-4 months. Saratoga County is the worst I've seen. They have only one person they'll allow to teach the four-hour safety course and very strict rules about when you can schedule your course. People are waiting 5 months for fingerprints and then 9 months to get a safety course. We offered to alleviate the backlog but were told the judge only trusts one instructor in the entire state. That's as per the clerk's office.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #677
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Siler City, North Carolina
    Posts
    64
    Yes, in NC there is a couple of issues like the restaurant and parade & Funeral thing, but that's in the works to get changed. NC had democrats in charge for a long time. We now have a Republican controlled government now. So it's in the works to get changed. Besides that in NY you can't carry into a restaurant either. You can only carry going to and from a range. So don't even try to compare North Carolina with New York. It's not even close !
    Will Antico

  9. #678
    Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    Besides that in NY you can't carry into a restaurant either.
    NYS has no prohibition on concealed carry permit holders carrying in a bar or restaurant. NYS tries to weed out the irresponsible people before granting a concealed permit, so it isn't necessary to micro-manage the yahoos as to where they can and cannot carry.

  10. #679
    I thought I'd post an update on my latest adventure trying to obtain my CCW through Erie County. A few months back I called down to the PPO to see if they could give me an update on my permit. At that time it had Just been submitted to the judge (June 3rd). Mind you, at that date I had been going on 14 months. The people at the PPO said that it should only be a few more weeks. I followed up at the End of July and was told it was still out for the Judges approval. Just this week I hit my 17 month mark and have still not received my letter. Again, being concerned that something is holding my process up I called again. And again, I received help from very polite people but was stated, "it's still in waiting for the judges approval, the same thing we told you a few weeks back." SO apparently thy are also documenting when we call. To some they may think I'm calling too much but frankly 17 months to get my CCW I think is a little excessive. My intentions are to see that my paperwork not get stalled or slip though the cracks. All that aside I didn't know if any other fellow Erie County folks have experienced this same issue? Is there anything we can do to ensure our paperwork doesn't get stalled in the process? I appreciate ll your input.
    Last edited by Countryboy82; 08-21-2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Spelling

  11. #680
    Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    Yes, in NC there is a couple of issues like the restaurant and parade & Funeral thing, but that's in the works to get changed. NC had democrats in charge for a long time. We now have a Republican controlled government now. So it's in the works to get changed. Besides that in NY you can't carry into a restaurant either. You can only carry going to and from a range. So don't even try to compare North Carolina with New York. It's not even close !
    I'm assuming when you state "You can only carry to and from a range", you are referring to a Restricted permit for "target" purposes. IF you have a Restricted Permit, (forgive me, it's been many years since I had this restriction) there are restrictions on HOW you transport the handgun to the range, but I do not believe you can carry loaded on your person. Once at the range (or club), you are then allowed to carry it there, but once you leave, it must be transported in accordance with your limited permit...typically unloaded and stowed in a range bag or other container.
    If your restriction includes "hunting", you can carry while hunting, but it again must be stowed on the way to and from your hunting grounds.
    If you have an "unrestricted" permit, you can carry in a restaurant, bar (that does more than 50% of it's business in alcohol sales, ie. Florida), parade, funeral, bank, barber shop, gas station... or just about anywhere we want to carry...with some limited exceptions(state parks, courthouses, federal properties,etc).
    I'm assuming by having NY in your online name, you 'were' from NY, but based on your knowledge of it's gun laws, you left before receiving your unrestricted permit. Don't believe all the "out-of state" online 'attorneys' or 'experts' who claim to know NY Handgun laws....and while I'm not an attorney or even play one on TV, I know from experience that NY is not as restrictive as some other states in some respects, but is more restrictive in other respects.

    Nogods is right! Plus, it's obvious to me that BC1 is far more familiar with and has attorney friends that know the law and how to read and interpret them. He's usually spot-on when it comes to NY gun laws.

Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast