Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process - Page 72
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Well, I took a wild shot at it and sent in my upgrade application. We shall see what happens...

3. wait time

Quote Originally Posted by holdmdwn View Post
    Well I am new here, but I had turned in my application, money, prints and the whole deal in Erie County 3 months ago now, and still haven't heard a thing, when I went in the told me to expect a 6 month wait, I am halfway there! I will keep you abreast of what happens.
    Went ]to Gander Mountain today, the sales man told me 16 to 18 months before the permit is granted

4. Erie County, NY Pistol Permit Application Process

Received my unrestricted permit over the Memorial weekend. 15 month wait. I wasn't expecting unrestricted.

Good to hear people are getting unrestricted permits on their initial application. I wonder if the almost nightly shootings in Buffalo is having an impact on the Judge's views about allowing law abiding citizens to be legally armed to defend themselves when out in public.

A recent news report about a "peace activists" son who was arrested in a drug bust revealed that his son was on probation for his prior illegal possession of a handgun (in the course of another drug bust, so why he wasn't in jail instead of on probation is the big mystery.)

But in the course of trying to explain his son's troubles with the law, the "peace activists" claimed that he knew many "well-educated, young African-American men who feel they need to carry a gun to feel safe because of the crime around them."

So perhaps the Judge concluded that if the "peace activists" think it is justifiable for "
    well-educated, young African-American men" to illegally possess firearms (while engaged in drug dealing no less) then maybe law abiding citizens who put in the effort and go through the process to legally possess a firearm shouldn't be prohibited from legally carrying that firearm to also "feel safe because of the crime around them."

Maybe the day will come when the thugs will not feel safe because of the armed law abiding citizens around them.
    Why do god believers carry a self-defense weapon? Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass...--- Job, 14:5

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172