Ulster County Application - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 208

Thread: Ulster County Application

  1. #111
    Lumpy, thanks for the info.
    Hunter, I am not angry or frustrated. I expect this sort of behavior from this County, no surprise to me.
    I will not wait one year with a general denial letter of "your background info", I deserve and demand to know exactly what is the problem so that it may be addressed properly.
    If the new Judge kicks it back, then I will file an appeal to have my day in court.
    The issues with Schneer are known far and wide, now they are trying to fix them.
    In the meantime I am speaking to lawyers and judges I know. I believe I am doing the proper thing.

  2.   
  3. ONE YEAR to re-apply after you are denied! "I will not wait one year with a general d

    Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Lumpy, thanks for the info.
    Hunter, I am not angry or frustrated. I expect this sort of behavior from this County, no surprise to me.
    background info", I deserve and demand to know exactly what is the I will not wait one year with a general denial letter of "your problem so that it may be addressed properly.
    If the new Judge kicks it back, then I will file an appeal to have my day in court.
    The issues with Schneer are known far and wide, now they are trying to fix them.
    In the meantime I am speaking to lawyers and judges I know. I believe I am doing the proper thing.
    You may speak to a lawyer but strongly suggest that you find a particular attorney who may be able to get you a permit after the ONE YEAR wait.I find it odd that you are holding Ulster county accountable for your denial.Ulster county was one of the easiest counties to get a permit and went the route of having interviews with the county judge.This is what I know,most of the hicks were a little slow and did not know how to handle the interview process so she issued restricted permits.For the permit clerk to instruct you to write a letter to the new judge to reconsider is a little strange since you already have issues with Ulster county.It would be unethical for a new judge to bypass a policy since it is mandatory for the ONE YEAR wait to re-apply.I well tell you again it is very difficult to get a pistol permit after it has been denied.I believe your in denial,just remember it was the judge who made the call and at the time she had to follow the law and found that you did not meet one of the criteria.Your new judge is going to look at it even closer since he is a former DA,and may be forced to deny you based on your backround and good moral character.You stated "I will not wait one year with a general denial letter"so this means you have a hook in Ulster that can pull some strings!!!

  4. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    You may speak to a lawyer but strongly suggest that you find a particular attorney who may be able to get you a permit after the ONE YEAR wait.I find it odd that you are holding Ulster county accountable for your denial.Ulster county was one of the easiest counties to get a permit and went the route of having interviews with the county judge.This is what I know,most of the hicks were a little slow and did not know how to handle the interview process so she issued restricted permits.For the permit clerk to instruct you to write a letter to the new judge to reconsider is a little strange since you already have issues with Ulster county.It would be unethical for a new judge to bypass a policy since it is mandatory for the ONE YEAR wait to re-apply.I well tell you again it is very difficult to get a pistol permit after it has been denied.I believe your in denial,just remember it was the judge who made the call and at the time she had to follow the law and found that you did not meet one of the criteria.Your new judge is going to look at it even closer since he is a former DA,and may be forced to deny you based on your backround and good moral character.You stated "I will not wait one year with a general denial letter"so this means you have a hook in Ulster that can pull some strings!!!

    First, Where do you come off suggesting that I have someone that is pulling strings for me?
    That would be unethical in the highest regards, something that is lost on most people here in Ulster county considering the "Good Ole Boys" networking and back door deals which are paramount through almost every level of government in this county. I take your comment as a personal insult to my character. It has been my experience in 15 years living in this County that most people cannot stand up on their own, they always need someone to put in a "Good word" or "Watch out" for them.
    The days of Personal Responsibility are long gone regarding this area. It truly is "Who you know".

    I already have spoken with numerous lawyers, the consensus is that my denial letter is unlawful. It does not Specifically state why I was denied. A general statement of "Your Background" is unlawful because it does not state the "WHY". The FACT that I was refused to offer ANY evidence to prove my information shows that I was not given a fair hearing in the eyes of the LAW (You remember that elusive creature the LAW right? Most people do not around here, something that they need to be reminded of,,,often)

    I have been informed to let the new judge review my case due to the known issues surrounding the exiting judge simply because the clerks at the pistol permit office have suggested just that. They are the ones who see a problem, know it, deal with it every single day, are experienced enough to know how to handle such matters.
    If the Judge wishes to ask me any real questions concerning my elusive "Background" issues then I will gladly answer anything they wish to ask me.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    First, Where do you come off suggesting that I have someone that is pulling strings for me?
    That would be unethical in the highest regards, something that is lost on most people here in Ulster county considering the "Good Ole Boys" networking and back door deals which are paramount through almost every level of government in this county. I take your comment as a personal insult to my character. It has been my experience in 15 years living in this County that most people cannot stand up on their own, they always need someone to put in a "Good word" or "Watch out" for them.
    The days of Personal Responsibility are long gone regarding this area. It truly is "Who you know".

    I already have spoken with numerous lawyers, the consensus is that my denial letter is unlawful. It does not Specifically state why I was denied. A general statement of "Your Background" is unlawful because it does not state the "WHY". The FACT that I was refused to offer ANY evidence to prove my information shows that I was not given a fair hearing in the eyes of the LAW (You remember that elusive creature the LAW right? Most people do not around here, something that they need to be reminded of,,,often)

    I have been informed to let the new judge review my case due to the known issues surrounding the exiting judge simply because the clerks at the pistol permit office have suggested just that. They are the ones who see a problem, know it, deal with it every single day, are experienced enough to know how to handle such matters.
    If the Judge wishes to ask me any real questions concerning my elusive "Background" issues then I will gladly answer anything they wish to ask me.
    Good to know that your on the right track.I think an attorney should explain your backround to the judge.So you may re-apply in December 2010 and show the court that your a good citizen of the county but all that is handled by the lawyer you hire.Theres nothing personal but I know your upset and you need to be humble and not whine "I wont wait any longer" when the fact is your denied.If the letter is your defense by all means start litigation.I would wan't you to stand up fo all the good people of NY.Why did you wait over fifteen years to apply for a handgun if you live in Ulster that long!!!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Ready for the next part of this wonderful tale?
    I have two (2) friends who have had their interviews with the Judge here in Ulster County in the past tow weeks.
    To be more accurate, the interview with the Judge's law clerk, the Judge was nowhere to be seen or heard from.
    All of the paperwork was filled out already for them for a restricted permit. They did not even have a chance to offer testimony or proof that they qualify for a carry, nor were they given a chance to speak or even submit anything. The Law clerk stated that even if they do submit evidence that she cannot change anything,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    So why are we bothering with interviews at all? Wasting everyone's time?

    We have a right to at least be HEARD in a court of LAW! It is this sort of thing that makes my blood boil.
    I dont even know what to think or do anymore with the officials around here anymore.
    From the local cops, DEP Police, the Lawers, the Judge's (Supreme and Family),,,Ulster County is a "Do as I say, Not as I Do" mentality and not a single part of it follows the LAW.
    You could slap people all day long in the face in this county with the Constitution and not a single one of them would know what it is.
    (Pardon my rant, if I offended anyone, Please accept my Apologizes)
    Sorry you had a bad experience with the gov't.BTW if anyone else was denied a pistol permit please chime in.

  7. A quote from another post you did"I would agree with you. My problem is, I have "issues" with the local town cops and DEP police here where I live.
    Numerous times they have failed to do their job to even uphold the law and I have called them on it repeatedly. I have gone over their head so many times and so high that they just look for ANY reason to pull me over and cause me grief"Is this why you were denied a permit?

  8. yeah,i agree. that whole" i have issues with the police" thing cant be good for you .i dont know exactly what the sheriff does for the investigation other than a record search but i gotta think they will contact my local cops and ask if theyve ever been to my home for any reason or have had any problems with me other than something i could be formally charged with.any negative input from them for whatever reason cannot be good.

  9. #118
    Let me explain the "Police" thing.
    Its the DEP and local town cops in my area. It has to do with my Fiance's ex husband and his constant, shall we say, behavior.
    I cannot in any way sing the praises of the Ulster county Sheriff Deputies and the NY State Troopers highly enough, they are true men of honor in my opinion. They have responded to so many things so many times and straightened out blatant violations of laws by the DEP and local cops. The Sheriff and Troopers have been an ever vigilant watchdog over these unqualified officers and the constant games they play.
    Lets just leave it at that.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Let me explain the "Police" thing.
    Its the DEP and local town cops in my area. It has to do with my Fiance's ex husband and his constant, shall we say, behavior.
    I cannot in any way sing the praises of the Ulster county Sheriff Deputies and the NY State Troopers highly enough, they are true men of honor in my opinion. They have responded to so many things so many times and straightened out blatant violations of laws by the DEP and local cops. The Sheriff and Troopers have been an ever vigilant watchdog over these unqualified officers and the constant games they play.
    Lets just leave it at that.
    I believe somewhere in your backround all these incidents found there way in.So even if you were never arrested these incidents reflect badly on your character.It's funny how you call them out on the law.If you know so much about it why not apply to become a Deputy or a Police officer and do the right thing.NYCDEP only can entertain violations from the NYPL on city owned property in parts of Ulster and Sullivan counties.If you are known to be a person who has confrontations with the police you may never get a pistol permit.Domestic issues wont help in this situation.So everyone knows, if this guy lives in a town or village the local police are called. State Troopers are assigned to enforce the VTL.If you call NYSP they do respond but local or Deputy do respond first to a residence.You wrote in your other post the Supreme & Family courts? You may never get a permit in Ulster or any part of New York since the application was denied.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Let me explain the "Police" thing.
    Its the DEP and local town cops in my area. It has to do with my Fiance's ex husband and his constant, shall we say, behavior.
    I cannot in any way sing the praises of the Ulster county Sheriff Deputies and the NY State Troopers highly enough, they are true men of honor in my opinion. They have responded to so many things so many times and straightened out blatant violations of laws by the DEP and local cops. The Sheriff and Troopers have been an ever vigilant watchdog over these unqualified officers and the constant games they play.
    Lets just leave it at that.
    I Was at Ganderyesterday and saw a young man buying a Glock.I asked how long do you have your permit, he said he applied in April 09 and had his interview with judge Schneer the first week in December and was given a restricted permit.He was also upset that the judge did not look at his certificates he obtained while in the military.He said he had a couple of blemishes on his record like moving violations and needed to show the court disposition.He said he wished he included that paperwork earlier so the judge would have seen them.He said the judge lost the elections and was handing over all the other applications for the new judge.He said it was very quick simple you gave your name where you live married that kind of stuff.The salesman said he was getting questions from people about Ulster county, that they are delaying the applications because the new judge has to see them.I asked him if he heard if judge Schneer was not approving permits to people who had clean records.He said that if you pass your backround investigation you have to pass the interview with the judge which they just started doing.He said Gander has been very busy selling guns, many new pistol permits were issued from Ulster with in the last couple of months.He said that Ulster was the easiest county to apply to because they always gave unrestricted and no interview with a judge.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast