Ulster County Application - Page 13
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Application

Ulster has issued many many pistol permits in the past few months. Most were restricted, but a few did come through unrestricted. I have also heard of a few denials, but those denials were reasonable.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    Ulster has issued many many pistol permits in the past few months. Most were restricted, but a few did come through unrestricted. I have also heard of a few denials, but those denials were reasonable.
    I believe the new judge is going to restrict permits also.Everyone that applies for a permit must remember that if they are known as a problem to the local PD your chances are slim to none for getting a pistol permit in Ulster or any county in NY.Good lesson learned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    I believe the new judge is going to restrict permits also.Everyone that applies for a permit must remember that if they are known as a problem to the local PD your chances are slim to none for getting a pistol permit in Ulster or any county in NY.Good lesson learned!!!
    Wait a second,,,,,
    Let me get this straight.
    So because I have stood up for my rights and have expected an Officer of the Law to enforce the Law, when an individual is blatantly standing in front of said Officer and verbally threatening me bodily harm and to kill myself and my family (which has happened more than a few times), physically hitting my truck, pushing the Officer aside to attack me, has physically pushed me and my fiance aside and entered my home,has hit an Officer, and then these SAME officers do absolutely NOTHING. The Officers explain to me that you just need to let him run at the mouth, you need to let him be stupid. These Officers stand there as this man goes off, yelling, screaming, threatening my family personally, doing this in front of my children repeatedly. Insulting my young daughters.
    I watch these same Officers show up when they are called, due to this behavior, and the first thing they do is walk up to this man and shake his hand with a "Whats up?'.
    So I do, what I would hope, everyone hear would do to protect there own family. To hold these Officers accountable for their own actions because they fail to hold this man accountable for ANY of his actions.
    So because of all of this, I am going to be held accountable and be denied my right to protect my families lives and my life because the Officers wont and do not?

When the LAW fails to protect an individual or his family it then becomes the individuals responsibility to protect all of it himself.

Hunter one I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this, your thinking is flawed, your logic is incorrect and your information on how things work is clouded in what it says, not how it all really works.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Wait a second,,,,,
    So because I have stood up for my rights and have expected an Officer of the Law to enforce the Law, when an individual is blatantly standing in front of said Officer and verbally threatening me bodily harm and to kill myself and my family (which has happened more than a few times), physically hitting my truck, pushing the Officer aside to attack me, has physically pushed me and my fiance aside and entered my home,has hit an Officer, and then these SAME officers do absolutely NOTHING. The Officers explain to me that you just need to let him run at the mouth, you need to let him be stupid. These Officers stand there as this man goes off, yelling, screaming, threatening my family personally, doing this in front of my children repeatedly. Insulting my young daughters.
    I watch these same Officers show up when they are called, due to this behavior, and the first thing they do is walk up to this man and shake his hand with a "Whats up?'.
    So I do, what I would hope, everyone hear would do to protect there own family. To hold these Officers accountable for their own actions because they fail to hold this man accountable for ANY of his actions.
    So because of all of this, I am going to be held accountable and be denied my right to protect my families lives and my life because the Officers wont and do not?

When the LAW fails to protect an individual or his family it then becomes the individuals responsibility to protect all of it himself.

Hunter one I will have to respectfully disagree with you on this, your thinking is flawed, your logic is incorrect and your information on how things work is clouded in what it says, not how it all really works.
    I think your so screwed Luny,he pushed the police to hit you and your girl at your home and entered it as well WTF.A friendly hand shake calms things down a bit I guess.Your lawyer could have got you a unrestricted permit just from that.You don't have children with her so by law it's not a domestic FYI.Any cop I know who has been pushed would surely react to a guy that has done that.I was not there so its all hot air.Judge Shcneer would have been like wow that is some story you have....

6. Lunytoon95 the reason I don't believe this story is if that did happen he would be in jail.If you have an order of protection this would not happen because your girlfriend's ex-husband would be sent to jail for violating the OP.You are really out of luck here thinking I would buy a story like this when in reality this type of incident would be settled very quickly.You need to hire an attorney, instead your acting like a little child with your sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Wait a second,,,,,

Hey Luny,

Don't take this as a personal attack or anything, but as an observer from the outside, it appears to me that you have some serious anger issues. Seems like you're angry with the police for whatever reason. Being that the state of NY is not a "shall issue" state, it would be in your best interest if the local LE agencies don't have ANYTHING negative to say about you when contacted in the course of your background investigation.

My advice would be to mellow out and stay under the radar while you wait for the required year to pass (before you can re-apply). You may even consider volunteering for one of the local LE agencies if that's something you're able/willing to do.

Once you're eligible to re-apply, go for it, and this time you'll be a little more prepared, having an idea of what to expect.

Good luck!

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 01-11-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: corrected misspelling
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Hunter, all I can say is this is the truth. Whether you believe me or not. Yes I am angry because this situation has been ongoing for years now. The system has failed repeatedly.
    I am in constant contact with sheriffs and troopers who know what is going on and urge me to keep going and make sure I do everything I can to protect my family.
    My offer is that anyone who wishes, either LE or just curious, to PM me. I will sit with you and show you mounds of proof from video, audio, police reports, to court orders. The more that know the better IMHO.
    The system is a broken, perverted version of what we all think it is.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    Hunter, all I can say is this is the truth. Whether you believe me or not. Yes I am angry because this situation has been ongoing for years now. The system has failed repeatedly.
    I am in constant contact with sheriffs and troopers who know what is going on and urge me to keep going and make sure I do everything I can to protect my family.
    My offer is that anyone who wishes, either LE or just curious, to PM me. I will sit with you and show you mounds of proof from video, audio, police reports, to court orders. The more that know the better IMHO.
    Did you get a lawyer....

10. WTF?! Why is this conversation taking place in so many different places on this board?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Lunytoon95 View Post
    All I know is that you were denied a pistol permit.Your gripe is with many.It seems that if you have all this proof with video your problem with this girlfriends ex- husband would be an open and shut case.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast