Ulster County Application - Page 15
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Application

1. Most of the issues involving gun complaints arise in the summer months in the Catskills.Most visitors are residents of NYC and get scared when they see a person with a gun on there hip.It's not the norm for these people and they are quite quick to call 911 to report the sighting of a gun .It's not uncommon for the complainant to proceed with a formal complaint that require the police make an arrest for menacing,the fact they have a gun in the open.New York is not gun friendly.Concealed is the only method of carrying a gun.It could be the reason why Ulster has become more restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    residents of NYC and get scared when they see a person with a gun on there hip.
    Hoplophobia - the fear of guns.

The Wife Is Applying!!

I have finally convinced my wife to get her permit. I will be picking up the application for her tomorrow. I am going to document her progress through the application process to give an up-to-date experience with Ulster County.

The only downside is....she already found the handgun she wants. A PINK Taurus .380...

Step 1 Complete

Application picked up. There are a few changes.

1) Judge Williams is now requiring a letter explaining the need for a pistol permit. In addition, he is also requiring a letter explaining any "yes" answers you may have. (arrests, ect)

2) Fingerprints are no longer done at the Sheriff's Office. They are done by livescan at a different location.

The normal clerk was not there today, so I was unable to get an estimate on processing time. Last I heard, it was in excess of 6 months. Also, from what I understand, an interview may not be necessary with Judge Williams. I do not know if he will be issuing unrestricted permits regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    I have finally convinced my wife to get her permit. I will be picking up the application for her tomorrow. I am going to document her progress through the application process to give an up-to-date experience with Ulster County.

The only downside is....she already found the handgun she wants. A PINK Taurus .380...

Must be the one in the Kingston Gander Showcase...lol
    " I carry a gun because cops are too heavy" ~ Unknown

7. Sights on Target,

I am happy to hear that your wife is applying for a permit. My Mrs. has started the process as well. I submitted my application on November 6, 2009, took the basic pistol safety course and faxed the certificate of completion on December 5th, found out about the letter to the Judge describing why I am requesting a concealed permit, and faxed the letter to Maureen of the pistol permit unit last Tuesday. I am going on four months, and now that the Judge has everything, including the recent letter requirement, hopefully it should not be too long to receive my permit. I will keep everyone posted, especially since I have my end completed.

Quote Originally Posted by VTLO910 View Post
    Must be the one in the Kingston Gander Showcase...lol
    Unfortunately

If it's the pink she's hooked on, get her in the right pistol, then have it duracoated or ceracoated...

How about a GLOCK 26 with a Pink Frame...
    " I carry a gun because cops are too heavy" ~ Unknown

10. Quote Originally Posted by VTLO910 View Post
    If it's the pink she's hooked on, get her in the right pistol, then have it duracoated or ceracoated...

How about a GLOCK 26 with a Pink Frame...
    I always say that a first gun should be a Glock 19 or a Glock 26.Easy to learn and shoot.

UPDATE, I submitted my application back in November and was just contacted to have a letter reasoning my full carry request and training certificate. I emailed it right away and Maureen replied that I am ready to be scheduled and will hear something shortly.

So far so good.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast