Ulster County Application - Page 16
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Application

1. The new judge is very fair, Now is a perfect time to get a pistol permit in Ulster.The permit's are unrestricted to the qualified applicant's.

3. That is good news Hunter Won. What do you mean by qualified applicant for an unrestricted permit?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Heifer View Post
    That is good news Hunter Won. What do you mean by qualified applicant for an unrestricted permit?
    Qualified to carry like a business owner, security ,LEO,retired LEO.The judge may also consider you're qualified from the military or have completed a live fire course like Front Site.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Qualified to carry like a business owner, security ,LEO,retired LEO.The judge may also consider you're qualified from the military or have completed a live fire course like Front Site.
    They want to see you have actual knowledge of shooting. Once you receive training in live fire, you can ask the court to reconsider your restrictions. The more training in the eyes of the court, the better.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sights on Target View Post
    They want to see you have actual knowledge of shooting. Once you receive training in live fire, you can ask the court to reconsider your restrictions. The more training in the eyes of the court, the better.
    The biggest problem, locals getting stopped with a restricted permit or forgetting to conceal the handgun properly.Many of them are not trained and are ignorant to comply with the restrictions.If trained this may not happen.

7. I am all for additional training and obtaining an unrestricted permit.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    The biggest problem, locals getting stopped with a restricted permit or forgetting to conceal the handgun properly.Many of them are not trained and are ignorant to comply with the restrictions.If trained this may not happen.
    Handguns need to be concealed when carrying. The problem with restrictions is there are no "laws" outlining them. To some, a restricted permit means carrying to, from, and during that restriction. No stops, and no unreasonable detours. To others, a restricted permit means the handgun transported in a locked box in the trunk. It is up to the judge on how to interpret the restrictions. I do not believe that the biggest problem is people being stopped with a restricted permit. This is Ulster County...they just started issuing restricted permits in June. I do know of a few cases of an open carrier being detained however. Training is only part of the solution.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Heifer View Post
    I am all for additional training and obtaining an unrestricted permit.
    I wish you luck in obtaining a full-carry permit.Once you have your permit,apply for non resident Pennsylvania permit.Centre County PA is done by mail and is good for 5 years for just $26.00 USD.A Florida or Utah Non-Resident CCW is very good to have if you like to travel.

hunter won- if I remember right..you are retired leo...what is your experience with pulling people over with restricted permits or open handguns? I know it happens occasionally, but the outcome is never really heard about.

11. Thanks for the support Hunter Won. I am a farmer and want a revolver on my person when I am out in the fields, especially during twilight. I have seen enough rabid animals and the coyotes are not as afraid of humans. A restricted permit for hunting and target does not seem to apply to my situation. I Want to carry when I am alone in the fields, which was stated in my letter to the judge.

That sounds like a good idea to get the Florida and Pennsylvania permits!!

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast