Ulster County Application - Page 18
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Application

1. Excellent Manzer74! Please let me know how you made out today. How long was the waiting peroid for you?

I submitted my application on November 10th, seems like a long time but I am satisfied with the time frame. I will get up there around 2-3pm today to pickup my license and head down to get my firearms.

I will post details on how today goes this evening.

4. That makes sense with the turn around time since I submitted my application on November 6th and received my approval letter on March 3rd. Thanks for keeping us posted!

5. ok so im planning to get a ccw in kingston ny police office and im wondering any way i can increase my chances of getting one

Start Reading

There is a TON of information contained in the contributions in the Ulster County Application list - more than enough to answer any questions you may have about the CCW application process.

Good luck. Hope you are ready for it.

I do not believe that mature people should be restricted. A friend was just issued a restricted permit and makes no sense. Either you should be able to carry or not. Based on whether you are a felon or not, etc. If you are a crazy person I do not want you to have a gun. The Judge needs to be informed of people feelings. You could write letters to the local papers since judges are elected. But most civilians could care less whether gun owners rights are infringed upon. It is a tricky one.

8. Most are restricted in many counties upstate.Only Delaware and Dutchess are unrestricted when issued a license.Other county judges require a year to amend the license and some require a course that is structered in carrying a handgun concealed.Ulster has become very easy again from what I learned.There was a short time from over a year ago where the female judge was restricting everyone making it a formal event.Many we're just unprepared to be fare.

9. i think your right. i appied a little over a yr ago and waited 1 yr to get denied. i got arrested as a teen over tickets i didn't pay and on the app it says arrest other then tickets so i didn't add. but i submitted all tickets and that i had taken care of them. the judge never even looked at the folder and denied me. i fought it and wrote a letter to him to look at my folder and see i had everything in order and finally a little over 1 yr i got a restricted with a letter stating another look at my app he would aprove. its a joke and this was cahill. going this summer for full carry i hope i dont have to deal with this agian.

10. Quote Originally Posted by 67camaro View Post
    i think your right. i appied a little over a yr ago and waited 1 yr to get denied. i got arrested as a teen over tickets i didn't pay and on the app it says arrest other then tickets so i didn't add. but i submitted all tickets and that i had taken care of them. the judge never even looked at the folder and denied me. i fought it and wrote a letter to him to look at my folder and see i had everything in order and finally a little over 1 yr i got a restricted with a letter stating another look at my app he would aprove. its a joke and this was cahill. going this summer for full carry i hope i dont have to deal with this agian.
    Very lucky you got a pistol license after being denied.Ulster was a very easy county to get a license until that female judge was appointed by Patterson and turned it to a NYC type deal.Restricting everyone,now things are better with a pro 2A judge.

11. This is the time to obtain a ccw license. I should start another thread on a related subject, which is: I recently heard that folks with full carry are having the hunting/target restrictions imposed when they add a new gun on their license. Apparently if the original application stated hunting/target, and an unrestricted license was originally issued, the ammended license with +\- guns will have those restrictions. I want to call the pistol permit unit regarding this, but I do not want to open a can of worms.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast