Ulster County Application - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulster County Application

1. Angry tired of the nonsense

hey everyone,

i'm on my 7th month waiting to see the judge and 4 months trying to get the pistol course. now they want me to get records showing the court ruling on traffic tickets from 1987!!! TRAFFIC TICKETS,A LIGHT OUT. I'M SURE IF I HAD A FELONY THEY WOULD KNOW. just trying to jerk the honest guy around so they can keep the 125.00 dollar ap free and you say the hell with it. i'm calling the nra monday and see if they can help, if not i'm calling a lawyer. they've taken our constitutional right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 67camaro View Post
    hey everyone,

i'm on my 7th month waiting to see the judge and 4 months trying to get the pistol course. now they want me to get records showing the court ruling on traffic tickets from 1987!!! TRAFFIC TICKETS,A LIGHT OUT. I'M SURE IF I HAD A FELONY THEY WOULD KNOW. just trying to jerk the honest guy around so they can keep the 125.00 dollar ap free and you say the hell with it. i'm calling the nra monday and see if they can help, if not i'm calling a lawyer. they've taken our constitutional right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Did they call you about dispositions from traffic court? PM me about the safety course. I am offering one in January and you are more than welcome to join. pm or email me.

There has been issues with the courts recently. They are in a huge back log due to Ulster County's recent mandate on actually going before the judge.

I understand some of the frustration over your wait but getting angry at the process is a waste of energy. These are the same clowns (government bureaucrats) that want to run YOUR healthcare, caused the collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and are responsible for the inevitable collapse of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. They're incompetent buffoons working in an inefficient and bloated bureaucracy - whether it's at the Federal level or at the local level. Your expectations are too high, and they simply can't keep up with the demand. If you rock the boat this will only cause more of a delay. Your best bet is to keep calling to be scheduled, be polite, and find something else to occupy your time until your appearance date is scheduled. It's worth the wait. Try to relax and enjoy this holiday season.

God bless and stay safe out there.

5. thanks

hi,

i know your probably right, i've been calling & going to kingston. the last time i called is when maureen finally told me i needed these papers showing the courts final ruling.what i don't understand is they ran me through the computer,i'm sure between the sheriff and the fbi, they know more about me then i know. also i'm sure they know these are traffic infractions which i don't even have to explain.i'll keep waiting.
    thank you also for the invite to your course. unfortunally i've been out of work for awhile now, hense the reason for the free course at gander mountain.

6. I'm surpised how fast Ulster County has become so restrictive.I was at Gander Mountain talking to the salesman who said that he has been asked numerous times in the last 3 months on how to obtain a handgun permit with no restrictions because all of the counties are going restrictive carry.

I stopped in today at the Ulster County Sheriff's office on some business and mentioned about the delays I've been reading about "in the blogs" and asked the reasons for it. Maureen said that there is a backlog due to the (overall) judges schedules and that they want to interview each and every applicant. Keep in mind the real reason they are there is to adjudicate the criminals/accused - everything else is a second priority. Ultimately this is a supply and demand issue, and the demand is overwhelming the system.

Stay safe out there.

Its ok. I had my interview over a month ago. Im just waiting to be notified that I can go get my permit (whatever it might be). When I get it, I'll get it. Im sure the courts are in no hurry to send out the completed files back to the pistol permit office.
    I wont call or stop in because bothering them accomplishes nothing. When your there asking about what the hold up is, your taking them them away from someone elses file that now takes a few minutes longer.
    Its all Karma.

9. The county south of Ulster you have an interview with the judge in his chambers and after the interview you head over to the government center with your case jacket and get your pistol license and purchase coupons.The judge is very pro gun,he issues no restriction permits to qualified applicants.I was at the pistol permit office yesterday and there was a group of very upset gentlemen that just got there permit after a 9 month wait.What was explained by the clerk was there was a huge surge in pistol applications.At the time of your appointment with the judge you must have a handgun safety course completed and be prepared to answer questions that pertain to how your handguns are being stored like unloaded in a locked safe.If your looking for a full carry you must have cause " good example prior military and wan't to protect my family may help get you a ccw".Training is important belong to a gun club.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    The county south of Ulster you have an interview with the judge in his chambers and after the interview you head over to the government center with your case jacket and get your pistol license and purchase coupons.The judge is very pro gun,he issues no restriction permits to qualified applicants.I was at the pistol permit office yesterday and there was a group of very upset gentlemen that just got there permit after a 9 month wait.What was explained by the clerk was there was a huge surge in pistol applications.At the time of your appointment with the judge you must have a handgun safety course completed and be prepared to answer questions that pertain to how your handguns are being stored like unloaded in a locked safe.If your looking for a full carry you must have cause " good example prior military and wan't to protect my family may help get you a ccw".Training is important belong to a gun club.
    There are SOME unrestricted permits coming through, but it is few and far between. As far as I know, most permits are being restricted when first issued. You then have the option of going back before the judge at a later date to request an upgrade. I know of one individual I signed up for a class yesterday that was just issued an unrestricted permit. He told the judge he does not target shoot or hunt, but both of his parents have handgun permits. The judge issued him an unrestricted permit.

Also, from what I understand, the judges want to see training beyond the free safety course offered in Ulster County. They want you to have instruction in live fire. I have been told that if you further your training, they judge will review your application for a full carry permit, but you still must have cause.

11. hi,i was just curious to know if this area(kingston) is experienceing the ammo shortage problems i keep hearing about in other parts of the country? anyone have any problems finding practice ammo? thanks in advance

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast