Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108

Thread: Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction?

  1. #41

    lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    I live in suffolk county new york WE MUST carry concealed going to a range The law in new york city and the 5 boroughs is you must carry your pistol in a locked box CASE CLOSED
    your just another one of those long island guys that take the term CARRY to and from the range means carry conceal.you can only the weapon in a case locked away from ammo.the 24 hour range thing is a joke

  2.   
  3. #42
    There is no hope for this guy Armed an rdy I guess every time i buy a new pistol and go to the precinct and take my gun out of my holster in front of about 8 to 10 leos and then after they record the serial # put it back in my holster and leave they all should have arrested me I guess yhere not doing there job

  4. #43

    not true

    Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    There is no hope for this guy Armed an rdy I guess every time i buy a new pistol and go to the precinct and take my gun out of my holster in front of about 8 to 10 leos and then after they record the serial # put it back in my holster and leave they all should have arrested me I guess yhere not doing there job
    when i buy a new gun i get it ammended on my license. i dont carry the gun to the precent . they get the numbers off the receipt.i dont think you have a ccw license at all

  5. #44
    The law in suffolk and nassau county is when you purchase a new gun it must be taken to the precinct for inspection it is then added to your ccw license

  6. #45

    so what

    Quote Originally Posted by vince g View Post
    The law in suffolk and nassau county is when you purchase a new gun it must be taken to the precinct for inspection it is then added to your ccw license
    you still cant carry conceal . you wish you could.why try to add your 2 cents when you cant . i from upstate ny .where i have an unrestricted licese and non res for pa.just go to the range big man thats all u can do

  7. #46
    This discussion borders on the ridiculous. Let me explain a couple of things.
    1. NY penal code only allows concealed carry. There is no provision for open carry. The law is not enforced while you are hunting, but tecnically you can't open carry.
    2. While some judges put restrictions on your license with the intent that you not carry during some activities, NY Supreme court precedent has been set that "a license to carry is a licence to carry" no matter what restrictions the county judge has put on the license. So while the judge may get mad if you are caught violating the restriction and pull your license (he can at any time no matter what you do), you cannot be prosecuted for carrying illegally if you have a license and are carrying concealed.
    3. NY City (5 boroughs) is a totally different animal. NY state licenses are not valid there. NYC is like a different state.

  8. #47

    rediculous

    Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    This discussion borders on the ridiculous. Let me explain a couple of things.
    1. NY penal code only allows concealed carry. There is no provision for open carry. The law is not enforced while you are hunting, but tecnically you can't open carry.
    2. While some judges put restrictions on your license with the intent that you not carry during some activities, NY Supreme court precedent has been set that "a license to carry is a licence to carry" no matter what restrictions the county judge has put on the license. So while the judge may get mad if you are caught violating the restriction and pull your license (he can at any time no matter what you do), you cannot be prosecuted for carrying illegally if you have a license and are carrying concealed.
    3. NY City (5 boroughs) is a totally different animal. NY state licenses are not valid there. NYC is like a different state.
    you make no sence why would the judge put a restriction on if you can still full carry do you work at a circus because you sound like a clown

  9. #48
    Gentlemen, Last year 2010 I had an Restricted Pistol Permit, (Target & Hunting) in Erie County, New York. I applied for an Upgrade to Unrestricted and, Was Issued Unrestrited. But, For years when my Permit was Restricted I Carried Concealed Wether I was Hunting Or, Target Shooting my Weapon was always Concealed. Over the course of about 3 years I had an encounter with an NYSDEC Officer while I was Carrying And, 1 Run in with an Local LEO at both times I advised The LEO'S that I was Carrying Both Officers Checked my Permit and sent me on my way. What Im triing to say is If you have an Valid New York State Pistol Permit you are Allowed and, Required to Carry Concealed This Information is Varifible at Erie Counties Pistol Permit Clerk's Office 716-858-6600 I Understand that each County Regulations may be Different. When I received my Permit I asked Will Fowler Head of Erie Counties Pistol Permit Office on Proper Procedure For Carrying Concealed with Restricted Permit and, Mr. Fowler Advised me To Always Carry Concealed While Going too and, From Where ever I was going while Carrying my Weapon and Both Officers Confirmed that During my Brief Incounters with them I hope this helps you too In your quest for Information on right & wrong Also has a second source of Information New York Penal Codes also Says CARRY CONCEALED
    Last edited by trophyhunter; 03-16-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: SPELLING
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

  10. #49
    armed-n-rdy:

    Only a clown would spout off like you do without checking. I suggest you get some legal advice.

    I have good authority for my assertion.

  11. #50

    help me

    can you tell me what the word restricted means

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast