Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    can you tell me what the word restricted means

Ok armed-an-rdy..Lets end this now. You have been quoted letters from judges, actual law and you still insist that everyone in NY with a restricted pistol permit is wrong. As for your question on what restricted means...It means we have limitations on when we can carry. If you have a restricted drivers license, you can still drive but mabye only till 9pm. If you go to the white house you can still get in but your restricted to certain areas. If you have a restricted pistol permit you can still carry concealed, but only to and from what the restriction says. My permit says recreational purposes. I know that is vague, but I have written instructions from the judge stating that I can carry concealed to and from..hiking, golfing,walking, riding a bike, riding an atv or snowmobile, jogging, boating, birdwatching, at work, bowling, hunting, target practice, and many other "recreational activities". You say that if the right LEO stops me, I will be in trouble. I cant be arrested, i cant lose my permit unless I do something stupid or illegal. But I will tell you this, I cant because of my restriction, go to the store at 1am to pick up some milk(unless im walking) and carry concealed. Hope you understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by riffmaker View Post
    Ok armed-an-rdy..Lets end this now. You have been quoted letters from judges, actual law and you still insist that everyone in NY with a restricted pistol permit is wrong. As for your question on what restricted means...It means we have limitations on when we can carry. If you have a restricted drivers license, you can still drive but mabye only till 9pm. If you go to the white house you can still get in but your restricted to certain areas. If you have a restricted pistol permit you can still carry concealed, but only to and from what the restriction says. My permit says recreational purposes. I know that is vague, but I have written instructions from the judge stating that I can carry concealed to and from..hiking, golfing,walking, riding a bike, riding an atv or snowmobile, jogging, boating, birdwatching, at work, bowling, hunting, target practice, and many other "recreational activities". You say that if the right LEO stops me, I will be in trouble. I cant be arrested, i cant lose my permit unless I do something stupid or illegal. But I will tell you this, I cant because of my restriction, go to the store at 1am to pick up some milk(unless im walking) and carry concealed. Hope you understand now.
    i didnt know work was recreation

i didnt know work was recreation
    If you look at my responses to you in post 17 and 20, you will see I have an exception for work which is approved by the judge who issued my permit. If you read and comprehend what the good people on this forum are telling you, you will learn something.

5. armed-and-not-so-ready sounds like a Trol....hmmm forget my name for second.
    (state law - not NYC law)
    Law is clear (go read before commenting):
    Article 400 - Penal Law - Licensing and Other Provisions Relating to Firearms

All types of permit are to carry concealed. They mention that in the text of the law. THE ONLY exception is antique/collector license - it does not state concealed.

All permits issued under 400.2 f are concealed carry. ALL.

Restrictions are Administrative rules and do not have power of law; BUT state of NY is May issue state, so they can revoke your license for ANY reason (including sky is blue).

Those case were never re-litigated after Mcdonald and Heller.
    The Westchester case will provide a lot of guidance of how that will go.

Open carry is not authorized by 260 f ( before thinking of logical exceptions - go look at language there is no exceptions, yes hunting and other activities do not have exception under it - is anyone surprised that NY laws are vague and contradictory???)

So (outside NYC only) you can carry on sportsman, knowing that if issuing authority finds out (police reports it to them) you might loose it.

If someone thinks above is wrong...please provide LAW , cases ..something not just your "logical" thoughts.

Sincerely,
    TROL

not a troll

Quote Originally Posted by trol View Post
    armed-and-not-so-ready sounds like a Trol....hmmm forget my name for second.

All types of permit are to carry concealed. They mention that in the text of the law. THE ONLY exception is antique/collector license - it does not state concealed.

Restrictions are Administrative rules and do not have power of law; BUT state of NY is May issue state, so they can revoke your license for ANY reason (including sky is blue).

Open carry is not authorized by 260 f ( before thinking of logical exceptions - go look at language there is no exceptions, yes hunting and other activities do not have exception under it - is anyone surprised that NY laws are vague and contradictory???)

So (outside NYC only) you can carry on sportsman, knowing that if issuing authority finds out (police reports it to them) you might loose it.

If someone thinks above is wrong...please provide LAW , cases ..something not just your "logical" thoughts.

Sincerely,
    TROL
    thank you for the truth,i like the part that say carrying on sports man you might loose it. im not a troll i just like this subject

u dont know me

Sincerely,
    TROL
    i am armed and ready what about you. do you have a ccw or just another pretender

Sincerely,
    TROL
    What NYS law prohibits open carry by someone with a concealed carry permit?

9. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    What NYS law prohibits open carry by someone with a concealed carry permit?
    This is New York!!! Everything is prohibited unless allowed. But legal chain is below.

New York Penal Law 265.01 -265.04 ( Article 265 - Penal Law - Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons ) defines criminal possession of the firearm.
    Section 265.20 holds Exceptions to that rule.
    It means 265.01-265.04 prohibits possession of firearms.
    section 265.20 shows the only exceptions, one of them 265.20.a.3

" Possession of a pistol or revolver by a person to whom a license
    therefor has been issued as provided under section 400.00 or 400.01 of
    this chapter ....."

The types of firearm licenses are (under 400) are:
    "2. Types of licenses. A license for gunsmith or dealer in firearms
    shall be issued to engage in such business. A license for a pistol or
    revolver, other than an assault weapon or a disguised gun, shall be
    issued to
    (a) have and possess in his dwelling by a householder;
    (b) have and possess in his place of business by a merchant or storekeeper;
    (c) have and carry concealed while so employed by a messenger employed
    by a banking institution or express company;
    (d) have and carry
    concealed by a justice of the supreme court in the first or second
    judicial departments, or by a judge of the New York city civil court or
    the New York city criminal court;
    (e) have and carry concealed while so
    employed by a regular employee of an institution of the state, or of any
    county, city, town or village, under control of a commissioner of
    correction of the city or any warden, superintendent or head keeper of
    any state prison, penitentiary, workhouse, county jail or other
    institution for the detention of persons convicted or accused of crime
    or held as witnesses in criminal cases, provided that application is
    made therefor by such commissioner, warden, superintendent or head
    keeper;
    (f) have and carry concealed, without regard to employment or
    place of possession, by any person when proper cause exists for the
    issuance thereof; and
    (g) have, possess, collect and carry antique
    pistols ......"

Please note that only g) does not specify that it is for concealed carry, a) and b) are premises only.

also

Sincerely,
    TROL
    you canot carry conceal with a sportsman restriction unless you also have a hunting license

you canot carry conceal with a sportsman restriction unless you also have a hunting license

I didnt know that. So my permit says "Recreational". So I guess I need to buy an RV. Hate to be caught outside my restriction without my Winnebago. So does that mean I cant carry concealed unless I am in my Winnebago. Can I carry if im getting fuel for it. Or do I have to lock it up with the ammo separate if I go outside of the vehicle. Please tell me the law on this. I dont want an LEO to arrest me for carying my pistol outside my "recreational Vehicle". One more thing could you find out, in that special lawbook you have, if im drinking in the Winnebago, does the beer and ammo need to be locked together in a secured case or does the pistol and beer have to be together. I'm just so confused now. Please oh mighty NYS handgun law expert, set me straight.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast