Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone know of someone caught carrying outside their "sportsman" restriction?

Quote Originally Posted by armed-an-rdy View Post
    so what your saying, that riffmaker was wrong about being able to carry full time on a restricted license.based on your statement that he could get in trouble if the judge found out .thank you for finally correcting riffmaker and proving me correct.i have a unrestricted ccw. im not alowed to carry in a court house does that mean its not a full carry.i dont think you even own a bb gun
    I never said that I would carry full time. Here is when I carry. Monday through Friday I work( remember I have an exception from the judge for work), so I carry all day during the week. On Saturday and Sunday I carry when Im fishing, hiking, camping or at the range. So basically I carry everyday. The times I cant carry are evenings when I am not doing anything recreational. So when I get home after work Monday - Friday, I dont carry if I leave the house to shop or have dinner or to visit a friend. Same goes for Saturday and Sunday. If I leave the house after my recreational activities, I dont carry. If I join a 24/7 range, I would carry to and from the range. Since I do work sometimes late at night, I may go to the range at 10pm. As I said before, my restrictions are very liberal so I can carry for most of the day everyday, but I will not jepordize my permit and carry outside my restrictions.

armed n rdy
    No, we are not picking on you. We are pointing out that your statements were erroneous. Get the reference I suggested and read it. If you were not so adamant and reluctant to acknowledge an error, you would not feel picked on.

Just learn something and get over it.

If you merely mistated your point, admit it to yourself and move on. It's not a big deal to us, but we don't want your errors influencing people who might like some enlightenment.

you've strayed from the point. riffmaker stated that with his restricted ccw he carries all the time. it seems there no difference between his restricted ccw and mine.i simply ask that you correct him since your concerned about misinformation.

<sigh> This is the last time I bother with this stupidity you insist on. The restriction has no effect on whether it is legal to carry concealed! Court precedent clearly has made it NOT a criminal act to carry concealed while a "restriction" is on a licence to carrry. The issuing agent MAY revoke your license, but NO criminal charges ensue.

GOODBYE!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    <sigh> This is the last time I bother with this stupidity you insist on. The restriction has no effect on whether it is legal to carry concealed! Court precedent clearly has made it NOT a criminal act to carry concealed while a "restriction" is on a licence to carrry. The issuing agent MAY revoke your license, but NO criminal charges ensue.

GOODBYE!
    Jim. You have succinctly made your point but it's not getting across. You are absolutely correct. When carrying outsie of his restrictions he is exempt from criminal charges in accordance with S265.20(3) of the NYS Penal Law. Now, being a discretionary state a judge could suspend his permit for a while as punishment, but as you correctly stated, it is an administrative action, not criminal. In 12 years of instructing and providing permit services I've never seen a judge revoke the permit for carrying outside of restrictions unless the person was intoxicated or causing some type of altercation or incident while armed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

i understand what the law says . all i want is a straight answer riffmakers has a restricted ccw. he state he can carry 99% of the time.he also carrys to work.i dont want a quote from the law.just answer the question.yes or no.my license has no restrictions there has to be more of a differnce than going to walmart at night.i dont undserstand why cant i get a yes or no answer.are you afraid to tell me im rite.is riffmaker your freind or are you just anjother pretender on a gun site

@armed-an-rdy
    You could care less about the laws you clearly just want to argue. You have been told umpteen times the truth yet think you are right. It's hard to take you serious the way you spell and I also think you are just a troll or a ten year old.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

how rong yuo are. i dont want to argue i just want a straight anwser. this is the first time ive heard from you and your calling me names.so who is that wants to argue.and i still dont have a yes or no answer

Try a clear concise question and maybe you will get a clear and concise answer.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

riffmaker states he can carry all the time with a restricted ccw. i ask if he was rite or wrong . i need a yes or no answer.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast