Mooresville, NC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mooresville, NC

1. Point Blank Range

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop.

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?
    I did and soon Mooresville will have a state-of-the-art 25 yd indoor shooting range, pro shop and training facility. Point Blank Range will be located at 743 River Highway just past Morrison Plantation. We closed on the building last Friday and will begin retrofit on the building shortly. We will have 15 lanes, in 2 full tactical bays with the most advanced targeting system available. Fully conditioned range with a members only club lounge know as "Patriots Gun Club", with many amenities. Our emphasis on customer service will make you smile. Follow our progress as we develop our range at PointBlankRange.com. We will be hiring sales and training staff so if you're interested please reply.

I personally believe the entire state of NC is shooting range poor! Here in Granville County there are three ranges with minutes of my home, but all are closed to the public and are not taking anymore appl's for Mbrshp. So I just located a ditchbank back in the woods far enough off the road as to not pose a nuisance and bang away, to hell with them!!!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by jlitsey View Post
    I did and soon Mooresville will have a state-of-the-art 25 yd indoor shooting range, pro shop and training facility. Point Blank Range will be located at 743 River Highway just past Morrison Plantation. We closed on the building last Friday and will begin retrofit on the building shortly. We will have 15 lanes, in 2 full tactical bays with the most advanced targeting system available. Fully conditioned range with a members only club lounge know as "Patriots Gun Club", with many amenities. Our emphasis on customer service will make you smile. Follow our progress as we develop our range at PointBlankRange.com. We will be hiring sales and training staff so if you're interested please reply.
    Looking forward to this! Your location is only 10 minutes away for me. Have you worked out what the fees will be for the range? And will you require customers to shoot the store's ammo, or can they bring their own (inspected)?

5. Our range fees and membership plans will be posted on the web-site soon. Follow our progress at PointBlankRange.com. We will allow customers to shoot their own ammo in their own guns with some exceptions. These rules will also be posted on web site at some point.
    Jim

I swear... I was HALF way through reading your post and I was thinking .. Sounds like a good place to open a range with a guns store. I have a buddy who lives there. Not a big gun fan. His son took his own life with a pistol last year. I drive 40 minutes to Bass Pro at Patriots Stadium in Foxboro. There is an outdoor rifle range in Braintree about 10 minutes bust the people there are well, different. I prefer to drive 25 minutes to Holbrook. Weymouth is currently planning a 100 yard indoor range. 2 minutes. Not bad for living in the big liberal city.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I am very interested in a job at your range! I have an extensive firearms background with the military, among other qualifications. I currently live in Mooresville and have for a long time. Please feel free to contact me if you think I may be of help. I have my full resume waiting for ya!

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    I have a buddy who lives there. Not a big gun fan. His son took his own life with a pistol last year.
    My Bad. He actually lived in Moorhead City, and I just got a call yesterday that he died Monday. Jeez his family can't get a break.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Our range fees and membership plans will be posted on the web-site soon. Follow our progress at PointBlankRange.com. We will allow customers to shoot their own ammo in their own guns with some exceptions. These rules will also be posted on web site at some point.
    Jim
    Is your location the old boat/atv dealer, a couple miles past the Best Buy, that closed earlier this year? Great spot if so!

10. applying for a position at Point Blank Range in Mooresville

I would like to apply, I am a CCW holder, gunsmith, and would like to be an NRA instructor. I have taken handgun traning at Front Sight (2008), and shoot IDPA, and Appleseed.

Paul Eaton
    122 Nacho Ln
    Cleveland, NC 27013

ph 704 528 9695
    704 799 8949
    email: [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12