Mooresville, NC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mooresville, NC

1. Mooresville, NC

Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop.

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?

I can't speak to your situation, but 80% of new businesses fail within the first five years.
    Mine was no exception.

I had a small business. I made a profit and made it into the black, financially speaking. However, the real issue came down to long-term expectations. After the first year, I was paying myself about $1/hr. Despite being profitable, paying off all expenses and materials...It just wasn't worth it.

Think carefully about starting a new business, but don't think too hard. Reward requires risk. I took that risk, and was rewarded. The reward was not worth it in the long run, but I am not ashamed of how things turn out. I learned a lot in the process and would do it again.

Perhaps I may need to visit Mooresville, NC sometime. It'd be nice if I could get my self-protection needs met. Be that supplies or even a simple practice place.

have you tried shopping at Isle Pawn shop? its right on main street Mooresville. I have bought most of my guns from there and really enjoy my experiences with them.

about opening a range in Mooresville, at the corner of College and 115 is a very large warehouse that has been closed for some time now. I do not believe the town has figured out what to do with it yet. that might be a nice place to open an indoor range and gun shop. I too live in Mooresville and driving almost an hour just to shoot. I might even be interested in helping you in this endeavor to open a range/gun store.

5. Lake Norman firearms range

we thought the same thing, so we jumped in with both feet. we are in the process of building an indoor range in Cornelius. Investors/charter members are encourage. We should be open early summer of 2011. Let me know if you would like more information

Quote Originally Posted by bsisson View Post
    we thought the same thing, so we jumped in with both feet. we are in the process of building an indoor range in Cornelius. Investors/charter members are encourage. We should be open early summer of 2011. Let me know if you would like more information
    Awesome. I wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bsisson View Post
    I may be of some use to you. I have experience operating a range, among other things. If you are interested with contacting me, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post
    Being a resident of the Mooresville, NC Area, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of convenient access to two things:

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun shop.

2) An indoor/outdoor handgun/rifle shooting range.

I don't let the distance I have to drive hold me back from regular trips to the only ranges available in our area. The closest I can find is no less than a 40 minute drive. But in these economically challenged times, it would be nice to save some gas money and spend a little more on practice ammo and/or more guns.

I also crave the friendly knowledgeable type of service that can only be provided by someone that really cares about your individual needs and matching you up with the right equipment.

Bottom line? I am seriously considering going over the top and taking the risk of opening up such a facility in the Mooresville, NC area. So, I ask you. would I be making a worthwhile investment?

Any takers?
    Try Lake Norman Firearms, 20823 N. Main Street, Suite B, Cornelius, NC 28031 704-892-7839
    Opened May 7, 2010 Gun store but no range.

9. The range at Lake Norman

We are in the process of opening a new state of the art 15 lane facility in Cornelius. We are scheduled to be before the Cornelius town board on October 4th, and if all goes well will break ground on new construction in November with scheduled spring opening. Keep tabs on us at lake Norman Sporting arms and range. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome. we will be building and running a family friendly range.

Quote Originally Posted by enfd250 View Post

1) A friendly, non-pretentious over the counter, non-big-box type of gun store..

Any takers?
    yes, would be nice to have a range area...
    Have you checked out the Aisle pawn shop. Bob, the owner, is good to work with on firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfphelan View Post
    Try Lake Norman Firearms, 20823 N. Main Street, Suite B, Cornelius, NC 28031 704-892-7839
    Opened May 7, 2010 Gun store but no range.
    Very late to this thread (new member), but wanted to share my experience with Lake Norman Firearms. It's run by 3 older gentlemen, all former military, who are very cool and knowledgeable. Gary was very patient with me as I pawed several handguns trying to find the one that had the right grip and feel. Ended up buying a Ruger SR9 2 weeks ago. Only have 50 rounds through it so far, but am loving it.

Very friendly group of guys, and welcome folks to just hang out and shoot the breeze with them. I'll be looking to them for my next purchase for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast