Canceled in restaurants that serve alcohol - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canceled in restaurants that serve alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    If you CC, who's gonna know???? .
    several years ago I was working with a "scared straight" organization for people involved in the financial industry. We would lecture about ethics and law, and then take them on a field trip to the state minimum security prison where we had them meet with a group of people who had been convicted and sentence for financial crimes.

to start the discourse between the students and the convicts, I would ask the convicts "how many of you thought "who is gonna know" when you were committing whatever it was you were convicted of?"

100% raised their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    several years ago I was working with a "scared straight" organization for people involved in the financial industry. We would lecture about ethics and law, and then take them on a field trip to the state minimum security prison where we had them meet with a group of people who had been convicted and sentence for financial crimes.

to start the discourse between the students and the convicts, I would ask the convicts "how many of you thought "who is gonna know" when you were committing whatever it was you were convicted of?"

100% raised their hands.
    I agree with that 100% 100%.

When we receive our Concealed Carry Permit, or whatever they call it in your state, we agree to comply with the law and only carry where permitted. If the law says you cannot carry in some place, the simple solution is not to go to that place. No one makes you enter a restaurant or any other place where it is against the law to carry a gun.

If we are caught carrying improperly, the usual result is loss of our permit for at least several months or permanently. Then, in some cases, we can be on the other side of the discussion and raising our hand saying we thought we would never get caught.

I do not break the Law about CC within the SC or any other State I may visit. If I started breaking the Law, I wouldn't be any better then the BG's out there. All I'm saying that IF I'm at an eatery, an event presents itself so that my only prudent reaction is to present my weapon. I'm not going to worry about if they sell beer or liquor. Don't drink, don't care. My mind set is that IF I have to present my weapon, there's a 98% probably the trigger is going to be pulled. NOT a John Wayne, just don't and won't banish. ( I do have the utmost respect for the Duke)
    I've spewed my few...........NEXT
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by boxers.forever View Post
    Does anyone know if NC is considering changing the law about carrying canceled in a restaurant that serves alcohol? I have heard rumors that law makers were considering this.
    A bill has been introduced several (?) times. It gets hung up in Committee every time.
    Bruce
    μολων λαβέ , how to get your Curio & Relic FFL, My Links of Interest
    Life Member: NRA, NCRPA

I too totally agree, if you are right defend that right!

7. I like what I'm reading here. Gun carry permit holders are among the most law-abiding citizens of these United States. I don't break the law, period.
    http://NCgunOwners.com

Hope to see it put on the agenda along with the Castle Doctrine, gotta a different group there this year.
    Turn Adversity Into Advantage NC Hunter Safety Instructor
    NC Conceal Carry Instructor

The couple of times that I've volunteered for GRNC, the President has mentioned that the following items are on their to-do list for the next legislative session.

1. Allow CHP holders to carry concealed in restaurants, that serve alcohol, as long as the permit holder isn't consuming alcohol.
    2. Allow CHP holders to carry concealed in state and national parks.
    3. Get Castle Doctrine pushed through.

I really hope NC will fix this restaraunt law. Why are we denied the right to self defense in an alcohol serving restaraunt but have the right else where. The way i see it, places that serve alcohol attract alot of drunk people. Drunk people that could have a hand gun or weapon of their own. If im sitting in this place eating and NOT consuming alcohol, i should have the right to self defense.

same goes for state parks. Bears are spreading all over NC these days and i would personally like my handgun on me at all times, no matter where im at. State park or not.

The way some of our members are seeing BG's around every corner? I hope it never comes to a vote here in NC. I don't want somebody pulling their "cancelled" out and start cancelling at people...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast