GOLDEN CORRAL not firearm friendly - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN CORRAL not firearm friendly

I agree i will not eat any where with a sign saying no guns.

Very strange indeed to hear this...

I've never had a problem with the Corral's here in Georgia...

as a matter of fact, for the last few months we have been having OC dinners which we combined with the local Tea Party meetings. Our turnout (for both) seems to increase every month. Never a word or look from the Corral folks, and only to usual 1-2 "are you a police officer ?" queries from anyone else...

Fun the watch folks eyebrows make a bee-line for their scalp when you tell them "why no... I am just an armed citizen".
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGAtl View Post
    Very strange indeed to hear this...

I've never had a problem with the Corral's here in Georgia...

as a matter of fact, for the last few months we have been having OC dinners which we combined with the local Tea Party meetings. Our turnout (for both) seems to increase every month. Never a word or look from the Corral folks, and only to usual 1-2 "are you a police officer ?" queries from anyone else...

Fun the watch folks eyebrows make a bee-line for their scalp when you tell them "why no... I am just an armed citizen".
    aye, I must compliment "golden corral" on their swift action about this complaint. Within two days of the complaint, the sign had been removed. I even had a call from the regional manager explaining that the problem had been taken care of and apoligized for the sign going up in the first place.
    Family and I have been to the corral several times since then.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ght View Post
    We have one here that states "no loaded firearm in store unless legally concealed"
    So you can take your glock inside wearing it openly so long as you drop the magazine first?

What a useless rule.

Sorry guys/Gals, went to Golden Corral here in Sanford, NC. No problems with me carrying, BIG problem with the quality of the food. Don't know if my insides will ever be the same. First time eating at one of these and the last. Tough dried out meat. NO seasoning on anything. There also seem to be a OLD FOOD odor about the place. I'm ex-Navy and they didn't even serve this kind of crap on the Mess Decks. Someone, please pass the Bromo...............
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    So you can take your glock inside wearing it openly so long as you drop the magazine first?

What a useless rule.

In the state of UT you can have a loaded magazine inserted as long as there's on round in the chamber. As for revolvers, there cannot be a live round in line with the barrel or the next chamber to line up with the barrel. Commonly referred to as "Utah Unloaded".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

And some loaded politician came up with this "Utah Unloaded" Rule??? Mind boggling, just mind boggling. The biggest part of this asinine rule is that the People of Utah allowed this to pass.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Thumbs down U.S. Foodservice

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry guys/Gals, went to Golden Corral here in Sanford, NC. No problems with me carrying, BIG problem with the quality of the food. Don't know if my insides will ever be the same. First time eating at one of these and the last. Tough dried out meat. NO seasoning on anything. There also seem to be a OLD FOOD odor about the place. I'm ex-Navy and they didn't even serve this kind of crap on the Mess Decks. Someone, please pass the Bromo...............
    Ask the manager if they buy their product from U.S. Foodservice. U.S. Foodservice's primary customers are prisons and low-end motels. A real restaurant will not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Ask the manager if they buy their product from U.S. Foodservice. U.S. Foodservice's primary customers are prisons and low-end motels. A real restaurant will not use them.
    Maybe you're on to something. The proprietor was a cook in prison at some time. Must be the case cause it was a crime to serve such *&%$* !! Now I know why you PAY PIRIOR to eating.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Maybe you're on to something. The proprietor was a cook in prison at some time.
    Now that's an odd twist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast