GOLDEN CORRAL not firearm friendly
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN CORRAL not firearm friendly

Exclamation GOLDEN CORRAL not firearm friendly

Had a good thanksgiving dinner in Golden Corral, Franklin Blvd, Gastonia NC. Carried concealed, NO SIGN ON DOOR, No sign posted anywhere. Went back for Breakfast on January 1st with Family and friends. A Large sign posted on the door of NO FIREARMS OF ANY TYPE on the door. Needless to say, Ryan's received my meal patronage. I have contacted Golden Corral management of this denial of second amendment rights in their resturant. I have informed them that I will take my meals at Ryan's now unless their policy is changed.
    James Bradley

Concealed carry in Ryan's

Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ght View Post
    Had a good thanksgiving dinner in Golden Corral, Franklin Blvd, Gastonia NC. Carried concealed, NO SIGN ON DOOR, No sign posted anywhere. Went back for Breakfast on January 1st with Family and friends. A Large sign posted on the door of NO FIREARMS OF ANY TYPE on the door. Needless to say, Ryan's received my meal patronage. I have contacted Golden Corral management of this denial of second amendment rights in their resturant. I have informed them that I will take my meals at Ryan's now unless their policy is changed.
    James Bradley
    Just for curosity's sake, I asked the local Ryan's manager about concealed carry in his restaurant in south Alabama. He, first of all, didn't know that Alabama was an open carry state so I had caught him off guard. He said as long as the weapon was concealed, he wouldn't say anything. If, I had been open carrying, he would have asked me to leave because it might have been disturbing to the other customers. He also didn't know about the requirement to post signs stating their policy against weapons. I still carry concealed and, if the day comes, that weapons are completely banned there, I will go elsewhere to spend my money. They need me more than I need them!

I've open carried in two different Golden Corral locations here in Kentucky, no problems...but...well it's Kentucky lol.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

yep, that is why i went to ryans down the street... they seem to be ok with someone being able to defend themselves and others waiting on a 12 minute police response time.

Been to several Golden Corral restaurants in UT. No problems there from the employees. I did get some nasty remarks from a couple of customers on one occasion, but never asked to leave because of OC or for any other reason.

It might be a "local" or "franchisee" policy, and not the "corporate" policy.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Golden Corral of Franklin Blvd Gastonia NC has taken down the firearm prohibition signs from their doors. I have received an email confirming this from a higher up in the franchise. Thank you each and every one for your support in this matter...

Golden Corral of Franklin Blvd Gastonia NC has taken down the firearm prohibition signs from their doors. I have received an email confirming this from a higher up in the franchise. Thank you each and every one for your support in this matter...
    Isn't it amazing how "voting with your pocketbook" can change things?

We have a gun store here in southern Nevada that has a sign on the door prohibiting CC inside the store! How stupid can you get? When I first moved here, I went searching for a good gun store in my area. Upon seeing that sign, I checked them off my list without even entering the establishment.

Glad you got the sign removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Isn't it amazing how "voting with your pocketbook" can change things?

We have a gun store here in southern Nevada that has a sign on the door prohibiting CC inside the store! How stupid can you get? When I first moved here, I went searching for a good gun store in my area. Upon seeing that sign, I checked them off my list without even entering the establishment.

Glad you got the sign removed.
    We have one here that states "no loaded firearm in store unless legally concealed"

It was everyone on the lists that also sent e mails and calls. I just posted what golden corral had done. Also, I need to thank the higher ups at Golden corral for amending their mistake...

We have one here that states "no loaded firearm in store unless legally concealed"

It was everyone on the lists that also sent e mails and calls. I just posted what golden corral had done. Also, I need to thank the higher ups at Golden corral for amending their mistake...
    While I would prefer they allow carry of any kind, at least they allow concealed carry. They are within their rights to deny either so.....
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I did get some nasty remarks from a couple of customers on one occasion
    Like what?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast