CCW Wait time in Charlotte

Thread: CCW Wait time in Charlotte

1. CCW Wait time in Charlotte

FYI my wife and i just recieved our permits in Charlotte. Applied 12/7/2010 Recieved 2/14/2011.
    Nothing like a CCW for Valentines Day.

Thumbs up

Congrats! Now buy each other a handgun instead of chocolate.

4. I applied on 1-25-11 so i still have some time to wait. Did they call you or mail you something

Not that funny. Wife bought me an AR-15 for Christmas two years ago and I returned the favor to her with a S&W Lady Smith for her, Christmas '10.

"If you buy your wife a gun for Christmas..... you just might be a redneck!" LOL!

What ticks me off is that she is a better shot with her snubbie than I am with my Ruger SP 101. ...and me an Expert Pistol shot for 20 years in the Corps! GRRRRR!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by jerry015 View Post
    I applied on 1-25-11 so i still have some time to wait. Did they call you or mail you something
    Ours took six weeks out of Guilford County. All depends on how busy they are, I guess.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

7. Got mine today in charlotte applied 1/25 received today 3/28

68 days in Charlotte. My wife and I just picked ours up this morning.

I picked up mine yesterday - right after they called to let me know it was available. I had to wait the full 90 days. It's Durham County, so the wait time was fully expected.

It's seems strange to me that a national instant check can clear you to purchase a handgun in seconds, yet it takes the sheriff's dept almost three months to check you out to carry. Wonder what procedures they go through.