Brady Tax - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brady Tax

Was at Hyatt's last week and was amazed(well ticked off) at the higher cost of most everything that I checked on. Only bought a nylon holster and a box of boolits for loading 9mm. As I broused the counter on the way out I wanted to tell the customers that the prices were too high but that is not my business--they will learn the hard way.
    Have never heard of that "Brady tax" from any dealer.

Angry The USE tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Here in Washington State they have came up with a usage tax or fee as they call it to get the sales tax from items bought online.
    The USE tax has been in effect in Indiana for years. It applies to any purchase made from out of state via phone, Internet, catalog, etc., if that item would be charged a sales tax if purchased in the state. It is a line item on the Indiana Income Tax form. I believe that if the vendor charges you a sales tax, you do not need to report the item for the use tax. Although (I'm not sure of this) I believe that if the tax charged is LESS than Indiana's sales tax, you are expected to pay the difference.

According to Wikipedia: "In 2007, 22 states including New York, California, Ohio and Virginia have included an entry on their state individual income tax return for taxpayers to voluntarily calculate an amount for use tax liability." Use tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I worked in Carson City NV. several years ago, and one day went into Capitol City pawn. I was looking at a remington pump 270 rifle. While looking, someone was picking up a gun they had pawned and I overheard the pawnbroker state that they had to pay a 12.00 brady fee. So when I told the sales person I'd never heard of such a fee, He promptly asked where I was from, I told him Idaho,and he said he couldn't sell me a rifle anyway,Which is a lie. I could buy a long gun from a neighboring state, which Idaho is. He just didn't want to get caught ripping me off, because believe me I would have made a BIG DEAL about it.

Hey all,

First time poster here. I am relatively new to the Charlotte area and stopped into Hyatt last week to poke around. They are the only shop I've heard about in the immediate area. Since it appears that the general consensus is that they are way overpriced (although, they were all extremely informative and nice to me), what are some other options nearby? I am in the market to pick up a new or used Kimber Ultra Carry (or Raptor). Advice?

Cartisdm,
    I'm also a Charlotte resident, well actually Huntersville. Do yourself a favor and call The Aisle Pawn Shop:

The Aisle Pawn Shop
    216 North Main Street
    Mooresville, NC 28115
    (704) 663-5656

They sell both new and used, GREAT PRICES and GREAT PEOPLE, I've purchased two handguns from them so far, a S&W mdl 42, and a Ruger LCP, plus ammo. I couldn't have been happier with the help or their knowledge.
    In my opinion, if you call or head up there, you won't be wasting your time.
    NRA Member, Glock 23, Kahr PM 40, Tanfoglio GT 380, S&W mdl 42 .38, Ruger LCP .380, Colt Police Positive .38spl, High Standard Mfg Corp .22

Quote Originally Posted by mg1cigar View Post
    Cartisdm,
    I'm also a Charlotte resident, well actually Huntersville. Do yourself a favor and call The Aisle Pawn Shop:

The Aisle Pawn Shop
    216 North Main Street
    Mooresville, NC 28115
    (704) 663-5656

They sell both new and used, GREAT PRICES and GREAT PEOPLE, I've purchased two handguns from them so far, a S&W mdl 42, and a Ruger LCP, plus ammo. I couldn't have been happier with the help or their knowledge.
    In my opinion, if you call or head up there, you won't be wasting your time.
    Great info - thanks man!

8. yea hyatt tried to pull the same thing on me... if you want an honest dealer check out Lake Norman Firearms in Cornelius, NC about 15 miles north of Charlotte... if you find a deal on a brand new gun Mike should match it for whatever you can get it for. his motto is that he will never be under sold... Untitled Document 704-892-7839 check them out..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123