concealed carry at RDU airport - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: concealed carry at RDU airport

1. I drove into the airport on the way to work this morning, and you're correct, there's signs at the entrances to the airport, "No Firearms." It would most likely be a misdemeanor offense, but not worth losing your CCH over. After all, airport security and TSA have your back

3. In NC if a private business posts a do not carry sign it has the weight of the law behind it. You can't carry legally if the property owner says you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_man2000 View Post
    In NC if a private business posts a do not carry sign it has the weight of the law behind it. You can't carry legally if the property owner says you can't.

Airport is not a private business...it's jointly owned by cities/counties....

5. The roads to access the airport are still posted "No Firearms." It would still be illegal to carry beyond them, even if you believe they're not posted properly. You would have to challenge the signs by legal means.

I see no reason why legally armed citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry in unsecured areas of the airport. It would make it safer.

There's a law proposed in the General Assembly to treat personal vehicles as private property for purposes of transporting a firearm, meaning on school, bank, state parks, etc. CALL or WRITE your representatives to support the bill!!!

i have the same trouble where i work no firearms but i hope NC HB63 will fix that.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    The roads to access the airport are still posted "No Firearms." It would still be illegal to carry beyond them, even if you believe they're not posted properly. You would have to challenge the signs by legal means.

I see no reason why legally armed citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry in unsecured areas of the airport. It would make it safer.

There's a law proposed in the General Assembly to treat personal vehicles as private property for purposes of transporting a firearm, meaning on school, bank, state parks, etc. CALL or WRITE your representatives to support the bill!!!
    Contact the RDI Authority....inform them that they have no authority to post such signs.

What about when I fly? My pistol is in my checked baggage.
    Am I breaking the law by driving to the airport past the "no guns" sign then?

How do I get my gun to the airport to check it if I can't pass the "no guns" sign on the way to the checkin?
    "If it is time to bury your guns, then it is time to dig them up!"

Quote Originally Posted by NCjones View Post

How do I get my gun to the airport to check it if I can't pass the "no guns" sign on the way to the checkin?
    That's another reason why these blanket bans tick me off. You can't really comply with it in your situation other than leaving the gun at home altogether (which is what they would like of course). If you bring it along to check it in properly you're supposed to rely on the RDU authorities to use common sense. I feel uneasy about that.

I wish you could force anybody who just slaps up a sign saying "gun free zone" to have an attendant where you can turn them in entering his property. That would put an end to nonsensical bans all over the place with no regards to practicality or even minimal logic. GRRRR! Sorry for the rant.

Quote Originally Posted by NCjones View Post

I think you have the correct, "legal" answer. When you go to the airline websites, they all advise having any guns in a TSA approved double locked case, and included inside your checked (or to be checked) baggage. At the counter, you inform them that your checked bag contains a firearm. Probably the easiest way to insure your bag NEVER gets lost! As for concealed carry to the curb to pick up a friend... uhhh, no! Really don't feel like appearing on the nightly news tasting asphalt...

Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    I think you have the correct, "legal" answer. When you go to the airline websites, they all advise having any guns in a TSA approved double locked case, and included inside your checked (or to be checked) baggage. At the counter, you inform them that your checked bag contains a firearm. Probably the easiest way to insure your bag NEVER gets lost! As for concealed carry to the curb to pick up a friend... uhhh, no! Really don't feel like appearing on the nightly news tasting asphalt...
    Therein lies part of the problem. RDU simply says "no guns on our property". While you hope they will allow you to bring your locked and boxed gun to check it in they don't actually say so. And if tomorrow they change their mind about it it's your problem and not theirs. I hate gun bans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast