Question about CHP and it's FEES. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about CHP and it's FEES.

Here in Mecklenburg it just cost me $50 for the class, $80.00 for the permit and $10.00 for the finger prints. I got to say Mecklenburg did all the leg work for the mental health serch and cort records.

3. Quote Originally Posted by boxers.forever View Post
    Here in Mecklenburg it just cost me $50 for the class, $80.00 for the permit and $10.00 for the finger prints. I got to say Mecklenburg did all the leg work for the mental health serch and cort records.
    Where did you go for the class I had to go outside Charlotte to get under 100 for a class . I paid 60 in China Grove . And did you just go down there and apply I just got mine on monday took 63 days and would have been longer if I didnt call and check on it. I had been waiting for something in the mail or whatever and I called just to see if they could tell me if I was approved or not and she said it was there so I ran downtown and got it I couldnt believe it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry015 View Post
    Where did you go for the class I had to go outside Charlotte to get under 100 for a class . I paid 60 in China Grove . And did you just go down there and apply I just got mine on monday took 63 days and would have been longer if I didnt call and check on it. I had been waiting for something in the mail or whatever and I called just to see if they could tell me if I was approved or not and she said it was there so I ran downtown and got it I couldnt believe it was there.
    I'm curious about this as well. I live in uptown and haven't been able to find a class under $100 locally. What is this info about being able to get a permit from another state? How does that even work?

Nevermind, it looks like Utah upped their rules so I would need an NC permit anyway:

Senate Bill 36 was signed by the Governor on 3/23/11 and Non Residents must meet additional requirements. This new law becomes effective for first time non resident applicants May 10, 2011 and for renewal of non resident permits 1/1/2012. Those requirements are:
    53-5-704.
    (4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed firearm permit
    under this section, a nonresident applicant who resides in a state that recognizes the validity of the
    Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm permit law shall:
    (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the appropriate
    permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency; and
    (ii) submit a photocopy or electronic copy of the nonresident applicant's current

Wow. All those fees.
    I just sent a money order for $100 and a DD214 to Virginia. No red tape crap.
    "If it is time to bury your guns, then it is time to dig them up!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12