Just Applied For My North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Just Applied For My North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit

There is currently a bill in the NC legislature that would correct the problem by using the mental health records included in the federal background check system instead of the separate check system each individual sheriff uses. With a bit of luck (and some support from voters like you and me) House Bill 344 will pass.

Blog Entries
    Wake County......had my permit in hand in about 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I was told during the application that my permit would take longer than my wife's (she was also applying) because I am a Veteran, and one of the checks has to go to the VA Hospital, and they have a track record of being slow.
    UPDATE:
    Picked up my CHP today, 58 day after the application process was completed. Even though I was told mine might take longer due to the slow track record of the VA Hospital here, mine and my wife's were both ready today.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. In Cleveland county I submitted my application on march 19th, picked it up on April 15th. When I submitted my application I was told 6 week minimum, but it took right at 4 weeks.

I applied for mine in Caldwell Co. on Jan. 28th and got my about 3 weeks ago

7. I want to apply for my CHP in N.C., I was raised there and my family still live there, so do they give to non-resident?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    I want to apply for my CHP in N.C., I was raised there and my family still live there, so do they give to non-resident?
    Nope, have to live here, and lived at that address for a minimum of 30 days to even apply.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

9. Okay, thanks they do honor my Washington State Premit so it's cool.

Cleveland county!! Woohoo! I wish I could've gotten mine there instead of waiting here in Cumberland county. Week number 4. Hopefully i'll get a letter in the mail next week. They said around 4 weeks.

11. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast