NC. State of Emergency.

Thread: NC. State of Emergency.

1. NC. State of Emergency.

Does the SOE being issued affect our our ccw rights. I understand there was a proclamation section 7 that there would be no limitations on weapons. Anyone ave any feedback?

I would imagine that the SOE is for the hurricane, not the zombie apocalypse. :-). Good luck!

I would hope that there is an exemption however I don't know. It would stink to have your descreet carry rights taken away in the western part of the state for a storm a hundred miles away.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

5. read this.... Gov made it OK to carry
    http://www.governor.state.nc.us/News...f6e553f616.pdf

6. Read the last 2 or 3 posts of "No Lawyers only Guns and Money" for the long answer, this topic was addressed. I would give you the link but im on my cell phone. Anti-google it.

Short answer: im pretty sure you cannot transport alcohol or other flammable liquids or any deadly weapon under a NC state of emergency based on the 2 sections of legal code the governor used to declare said condition.

Yep, NC statues state that if the governor OR a municipality declares a SOE "sale, possession and transport of dangerous weapons 'off one's own property'" is illegal. If you live in NC, I'd urge you to contact your state reps and get that changed very soon.

8. With the SOE she passed executive order 103, section 7 states that the SOE does NOT affect Fuel firearms or alcohol.

9. Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    With the SOE she passed executive order 103, section 7 states that the SOE does NOT affect Fuel firearms or alcohol.
    It doesn't matter what Gov. Perdue put in Section 7 saying it doesn't affect guns, etc. By declaring a state of emergency under Chapter 14 of the NC General Statutes, the law states that off-premises possession of a firearm in the emergency area is forbidden. It does not say "at the Governor's discretion". She can go further and ban the sale of firearms and ammunition along with alcohol but the minimum is forbidding carry when a SOE is declared. She cannot arbitrarily decide which part of the law she wants to follow or not.

She could have just declared a state of emergency under Chapter 166A of the NCGS which she did in the last three emergencies. It does not trigger the gun ban. This time she said under her power from BOTH Chapter 166A and Chapter 14.

I thought she had learned her lesson from Hurricane Earl when she got a lot of grief about it. The next 3 SOE's were carefully crafted to avoid the gun ban. And then along comes Irene. Jeez.

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Hurricane Irene Brings With It The Usual NC State Of Emergency

And from last year on Hurricane Earl

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Rumor Mongerer

10. I managed to find the information on this and it seems that muccione is correct. thefollowing link with take you to the .pdf

http://www.nccrimecontrol.org/cit/ex...icaneIrene.pdf

Cool Urgent!

You're not shy, you get around
    You wanna fly, don't want your feet on the ground
    You stay up, you won't come down
    You wanna live, you wanna move to the sound
    Got fire, in your veins, burnin' hot, but you don't feel the pain
    Your desire, is insane, you can't stop, until you do it again
    But sometimes I wonder as I look in your eyes
    That maybe you're thinking of some other guy
    But I know, yes I know, how to treat you right
    That's why you call me in the middle of the night

You say it's urgent, so urgent, so-oh-oh urgent...
    Just you wait and see, how urgent, my love can be, it's urgent...

You play tricks, on my mind, you're everywhere
    But you're so hard to find, you're not warm, or sentimental
    You're so extreme, you can be so temperamental
    But I'm not looking for a love that will last
    I know what I need and I need it fast
    Yeah, there's one thing in common that we both share
    That's a need for for each other anytime, anywhere

It gets so urgent, so urgent, you know it's, urgent
    I wanna tell you it's the same for me, ooh-oooh, so-oh-oh urgent...
    Just you wait and see, how urgent, our love can be, it's urgent...

You say it's urgent, make it fast, make it urgent
    Do it quick, do it urgent, gotta rush, make it urgent...Want it quick
    Urgent, urgent, emergency...Urgent, urgent, emergency...
    Urgent, urgent, urgent, urgent, emergency
    Urgent, urgent, urgent, urgent, emergency, so urgent, emergency
    Emer-(ooh-oooh) emer-(ooh-oooh) emer-(ooh-oooh) It's urgent
    So urgent...