so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    But to prohibit carry in a restaurant just because they also serve alcohol is a bit extreme don't you thing? Even I, who has never had a drink in my life, Can't take the family to Olive Garden, TGIFriday, Red Robin, etc...
    Agree completely. Unlike you, however, I may choose to partake of a drink on "special" occasions (very rarely) - but I do not/would not carry my pistol on those occasions. You just have to give some conscious thought to your dining plans prior to going out and exercise care and common sense. Same as having a designated driver, etc.

I think we should be able to carry to paid events also. We can't even carry to a movie

4. I left one out, besides restaurant and educational property, apparently more people on this forum go out to eat than drop their kids off at school, but besides those two, and I agree with events where admission is charged, we need to get the State of Emergency law changed, where even transporting a firearm is prohibited.

I would go along with carrying anywhere and everywhere, but I don't think firearms should be allowed in court rooms or legislative assemblies. I can't think of anywhere else it should be prohibited.

I like the NICS background check. as long as we can keep it the way it is, a five-ten min call to the FBI they do a criminal background check and give a thumbs up. no several day waiting period and no limit on gun purchases. as for carrying laws, I don't understand how restrictions can be a good thing. i should be able to carry where I want, when I want, how I want, open or concealed.

I also believe in the instant check too. If your law abiding ur good to go anyway. It's for the good of all involved. I think if they do away with the restaurant restraint all the restaurants have to do is put up a no weapons sign since it is private property. But as we all know criminals will do it anyway. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I also believe in the instant check too. If your law abiding ur good to go anyway. It's for the good of all involved. I think if they do away with the restaurant restraint all the restaurants have to do is put up a no weapons sign since it is private property. But as we all know criminals will do it anyway. When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
    I am not sure if the restaurants will do that. In fact I have seen very few restaurants with gun buster signs so far among the ones that DON'T serve alcohol.

Here in North Carolina, we've made some inroads with the election of an all-Republican legislature, but the Democrat Governor (yes, the same one who has advocated suspending the Presidential election 'till the economy improves') has held up the ability to carry into restaurants serving alcohol. We're just waiting her out now, as she has pretty slim odds of getting re-elected, and people are fed up with the "Big Brother" government at both the state and national levels. But the ability to carry in parks, and our 'Castle Doctrine' have been strengthened, so we're on a better path. 125 years of hand-holding and "Mother May I" is coming to a close, slowly but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Richd1376:231570
    Yes all I'm saying is if you are going to drink you should not carry. If you are not going to drink then you should be allowed to carry. It is just like driving a car if you drink you should not drive.
    Actually drinking and carrying a firearm is not like drinking and driving, it's more like drinking and carrying car keys. Having car keys in your pocket doesn't mean you are driving, have a firearm in it's holster doesn't mean you are shooting. If someone has a few beers at red robin during dinner, I still think they should have the ability to defend themselves in an emergency, just like they should have the ability to drive somewhere in an emergency. Drinking and carrying car keys isn't illegal, why should a firearm be any different?

Personally I agree, but you will get a lot of flames.

I believe we are in need of a couple changes. First, I believe we should be allowed to carry inside restaurants that serve alcohol such as Ruby Tuesday, Chili's, Red Robin, Pizza Hut, etc. Second, I really believe we should be able to carry on educational property. Finally, I believe we should be able to carry at events which charge a cover charge (i.e. Movie Theater). I myself was a victim of a shooting outside a movie theater and it annoys me greatly that even WITH my carry permit I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast