so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: so what changes to NC gun laws do we need next in your opinion?

i agree that if you are ccw you should not be drinking, but should be able to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. anyone remember the mass murder at Luigi's in Fayetteville some years back?

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    i agree that if you are ccw you should not be drinking, but should be able to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. anyone remember the mass murder at Luigi's in Fayetteville some years back?
    Actually no what happened there?
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Actually no what happened there?
    Soldier Kills 4 People and Hurts 6 In a Restaurant in North Carolina - NYTimes.com

Thanks, somehow hitting the "like" button didn't seem appropriate given the context.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

6. I believe that the laws regarding what disqualifies a person from getting the CCW should be changed. As they stand right now if a person made a mistake and was found guilty of a disqualifying crime it doesn't matter if it was yesterday or 30 years ago the applicant will be denied. There needs to be a time limit set because sometimes people make mistakes when they are young which is the case that brought this to my attention. The short story is that a man in my county was arrested and found guilty of fighting at Myrtle Beach when he was 18. He is now 64, living by himself and wants to get a CCW permit. He has NO criminal record of any kind and has been unsuccessful at getting his CCW.

This needs to change.

I also agree with most of what everyone has already pointed out, but I would like to add one thing that I think should change. Not so much dealing with where we are allowed to carry, but more dealing with what businesses are required to do if they don't want to allow weapons in their establishment. As I understand the law, they have to display the their wishes conspicuously so that a reasonable person can see it. While most places do that, I have found a couple that didn't. Such as the Aldi's near where I live. They have it posted in text only that is in such small font that the whole line isn't much longer than a few inches long. Such that, you have to stop and bend over to actually read it. I know, I had to do a double take it was so small. So I would like some sort of a definition to businesses as to what they must display so I don't break the law because I didn't see the little blurb that you need a magnifying glass to read. I know this mean more government regulation, and that is not always good, but It would make law abiding citizens life much easier.

I agree with everyone else. Why place restaurants, movie theaters, and other places where you have to pay admission as off limits to conceal carry? The only ones that don't follow these laws are the criminal "insane" individuals who show up at these places and open fire on law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by NRZJR View Post
    I agree with everyone else. Why place restaurants, movie theaters, and other places where you have to pay admission as off limits to conceal carry? The only ones that don't follow these laws are the criminal "insane" individuals who show up at these places and open fire on law abiding citizens.
    One of the movie theaters close to the Aurora shooting actually just changed to anti gun policy. It's amazing.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    One of the movie theaters close to the Aurora shooting actually just changed to anti gun policy. It's amazing.
    That's the logic behind all these "No Weapons Allowed" signs. Once you put up your sign it creates a mystical barrier which is impenetrable by gun totting evil doers.

Seriously though my thoughts go along these lines. The Aurora shooter was not a legal carrying citizen that was sitting in the theater and then suddenly decided "Hey, I'm going to shoot everybody up!". His attack was planned and orchestrated - do the gun grabbers really think all his months of planning could have been thwarted by a simple sign? I swear it seems as though our society is growing dumber and more idealistic as the years pass. Everyone lives inside their own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Bryant View Post
    That's the logic behind all these "No Weapons Allowed" signs. Once you put up your sign it creates a mystical barrier which is impenetrable by gun totting evil doers.

Seriously though my thoughts go along these lines. The Aurora shooter was not a legal carrying citizen that was sitting in the theater and then suddenly decided "Hey, I'm going to shoot everybody up!". His attack was planned and orchestrated - do the gun grabbers really think all his months of planning could have been thwarted by a simple sign? I swear it seems as though our society is growing dumber and more idealistic as the years pass. Everyone lives inside their own little world.
    If anything the Aurora shooting should cause people to wake up:

Police did not even need to respond as in drive there, they were already THERE. And still unable to prevent the attack.

All the good law abiding citizens had followed the rules and obediently disarmed. Nobody was able to shoot back. We will never know if that would have helped but we do know it didn't help that nobody was able to shoot back from the resulting body count.

Once the shooter encountered the first armed resitance he gave up.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast