My wife is traveling to N.Carolina this weekend & wants to carry her pistol, but.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife is traveling to N.Carolina this weekend & wants to carry her pistol, but....

Another source would be to call the NC Dept of Safety. They would be able to give you an explanation.

Here is a good reference. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf

The problem with "calling" or even asking a LEO, is they all have their own interpretation of the laws, and what they say may not be correct.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Look at handgunlaw.us and it will give you good info.

Despite being shall issue, the sheer number of off limits places in North Carolina (more than 20, I believe) makes it one of the worst to carry in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to all who responded!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Despite being shall issue, the sheer number of off limits places in North Carolina (more than 20, I believe) makes it one of the worst to carry in.

the one i hate is that you cannot carry anywhere that charges an admission...WTF sense does that make? dont even leave it up to the business owner at all.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post

I don't know were your 20 restrictions are... But here are the REAL ones. The only place I go to that I can't carry (open or concealed)in my daughters school.
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    • Any location prohibited by federal law.
    • A law enforcement of correctional facility.
    • A building housing only state, federal or government offices.
    • Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
    • Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission or where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
    • Any other premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
    • It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated
    with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    I don't know were your 20 restrictions are... But here are the REAL ones. The only place I go to that I can't carry (open or concealed)in my daughters school.
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    • Any location prohibited by federal law.
    • A law enforcement of correctional facility.
    • A building housing only state, federal or government offices.
    • Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
    • Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission or where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
    • Any other premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
    • It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated
    with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any firearm.
    There is a sea change in thinking taking place in NC, which has been ruled by Democrats ever since the days of Reconstruction, when they took the government by force in a coup d'etat (Wilmington Race Riot of 1898). In 2004, NC Republicans threw out the Dems in both housed of the legislature, and this last election, we now have a Republican Governor as well. So many of the draconian laws we've been living under are being swept away, it's really a breath of fresh air. Bev Purdue had created many impediments, those are now being restored to sanity, and we have hopeful signs the restrictions against carrying where alcohol is served and against carrying where admission is charged are on the way out. Already got rid of restrictions against carrying in parks and in areas of natural disasters, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth of Dems unable to stop the new changes. It's a work in progress (and not in the 'progressive' sort of way).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12