Restraint carry in NC - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restraint carry in NC

1. This bill (HB 937) is not a done deal yet. All north carolineans please visit www.grnc.org in the alerts section and use their instructions to contact house leaders to ensure the house gives concurrence. Also there are instructions to contact the governer.

Sherriff's a pushing hard to derail the bill due to the removal of the outdated Jim Crow era permit system. My understanding is that it I is a minority of sherriff's but the I ones with power in the NCSA.

Please contact house members ASAP

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
    This bill (HB 937) is not a done deal yet. All north carolineans please visit Grass Roots North Carolina - Home in the alerts section and use their instructions to contact house leaders to ensure the house gives concurrence. Also there are instructions to contact the governer.

Sherriff's a pushing hard to derail the bill due to the removal of the outdated Jim Crow era permit system. My understanding is that it I is a minority of sherriff's but the I ones with power in the NCSA.

Please contact house members ASAP

Mark
    Still no movement on this bill...
    I was at the Moore County Sheriff's Office yesterday (renewing my CC) and the nice folks in there were discussing "probable changes" to NC Laws.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

4. Called rep Tillis (NC house speaker) Apparently he will recommend to NOT vote of concurrence and they will make a technical change removing the end to pistol permits in favor of a "study" ( translate it will never happen). They say this has full support of GRNC.

If this is true it really hurts. GRNC has been pushing for 11 days for us to put pressure on our representatives to keep this in the bill. Now they support its removal.

I'm really disappointed in GRNC.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I do believe SIR, that's about the most profound statement I've heard since I've move to this great State.
    Actually it would be 140 years of democratic control of this state.

6. BTW. it is looking more and more like the republican leadership in the house will let this bill die. That's 2 years in a row these types of bills have been killed by republicans. Please call your reps as well as speaker Tillis

With Republicans like this, who needs Democrats??? This only goes to show that republicans of today are really democrat lites. We really need a conservative movement to take hold and boot out these dem lite folks. The republican party is losing me fast and am now looking into third party candidates.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

8. This bill come up for a concurrence vote tomorrow, 7/16.
    If the house votes to concur, it goes to the Gov'nah. We "should" have enough votes to be veto proof.

Quote Originally Posted by frijoli View Post
    This bill come up for a concurrence vote tomorrow, 7/16.
    If the house votes to concur, it goes to the Gov'nah. We "should" have enough votes to be veto proof.
    We will finally see where da'guv stands on 2A issues (or where those holding his strings want him to stand). To date neither action or statements have given any indication. The "R" by his name on the ballot is meaningless, he is in this for himself.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Keeping an eye on this one myself.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

11. Vote to NOT CONCUR passed 99-15. Looks like we don't have real conservatives in our republican majority house

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast