hb 937 goes to final vote - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: hb 937 goes to final vote

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by triangletactical View Post
    I got the audio from the wptf program director this morning. I can confirm that McCrory did say that he will sign it. He sounded pretty positive about it.
    Until the Gov signs, it's all about the preverbal Fat lady.........I do know Davidson CTY supports this as should all.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Until the Gov signs, it's all about the preverbal Fat lady.........I do know Davidson CTY supports this as should all.
    I hear ya, it was good to hear the Gov say he would sign it, but there is always the track record of politicians to actually do what they say they will. I want ink on paper, not the word of a politician.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  4. He is on record saying he will sign it. He is out of town at a Republican Governors meeting. I would expect to see him sign it sometime next week. There are 40+ bills on his desk waiting his signature.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jaya View Post
    He is on record saying he will sign it. He is out of town at a Republican Governors meeting. I would expect to see him sign it sometime next week. There are 40+ bills on his desk waiting his signature.
    He is not out of town, he held a news conference at the governors mansion on Friday, July 26. So now we wait for either his signature or 30 after the end of the legislative session, which ended Friday 7/26, before we can say it is law.

    Someone hand him a pen.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  6. #15
    I think he's holding off on signing it just to make a point. We melted his phone lines for weeks so he may be holding off just to be a jerk for a bit.

    He will sign it, I'm certain of that. No worries.

  7. So excited that this bill is signed sealed and Delivered. Huge wins for 2A rights! Now I can drop my kid off at school and not have to leave my sidearm at home, on top of being able to carry into restaurants now!!! BIG Thanks to our NRA lobbyists in Raleigh pushing on our reps and senators!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jlowe14 View Post
    So excited that this bill is signed sealed and Delivered. Huge wins for 2A rights! Now I can drop my kid off at school and not have to leave my sidearm at home, on top of being able to carry into restaurants now!!! BIG Thanks to our NRA lobbyists in Raleigh pushing on our reps and senators!
    Not intending to trash talk the NRA. I am a member.

    But the lion share of credit goes to GRNC.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
    Not intending to trash talk the NRA. I am a member.

    But the lion share of credit goes to GRNC.
    +1 The GRNC was on this like stink on poo and took a much firmer stance than the NRA did. I am a member of both, and received updates from GRNC every time the bill was even scheduled for anything. The NRA not so much. I guess the NRA was too busy sending credit card or insurance offers out.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast