Non gun friendly places.

Thread: Non gun friendly places.

Non gun friendly places.

Now that H937 has passed there should be a place where we can list the non gun friendly places, or is there a website already

3. Just heard about and downloaded an app from another thread. Its called "Gun Free Zone". It seems to be new in my area, Ky, so its a work in progress. You can rate businesses as friendly or not friendly.

4. I have the same App. Users input places as they find them. Works if more people helped with the database.

I have an app called Posted Locations. You can add locations and make comments. Seems to be
    up to date in Raleigh.

6. I also use Gun Free Zone on my phone. But it seems locally (Denver) that they've populated it with a bunch of locations but no information. E.g. they list a bunch of doctor's offices as 'gun unfriendly' but they're all in an insurance company's office building, and there are NO comments from citizens either way about these offices. I had to enter my own apartment complex in there because it was listed no information.

So it's a good concept, but not populated enough by gun owners as to 'friendly' or 'enemy'. At least they were wise enough to know there is no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by boxers.forever View Post
    Now that H937 has passed there should be a place where we can list the non gun friendly places, or is there a website already
    I use the 2AFriendly app and the Posted app. I looked at the GFZ app and the reviews were terrible.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

8. What is H937? I'm guessing it allows business to post / ban guns? (from a different state as well, just curious.)

H937

Quote Originally Posted by pth View Post
    What is H937? I'm guessing it allows business to post / ban guns? (from a different state as well, just curious.)
    H937 was recently signed into law in North Carolina. I expands the places where people with concealed carry permits can legally carry to include places where alcohol is sold and consumed, parades, funeral processions, etc.

You can read all about it here:
    North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 937 Information/History (2013-2014 Session)

10. Grass Roots NC (GRNC.ORG) is starting up a 'Safe Restaurants Project'. Check out the alert: Grass Roots North Carolina - GRNC Alert 6-31-13: GRNC Press Release: Gun Group Targets Restaurants