Need clarification on sign posting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need clarification on sign posting

Bob that is why I posted this question. I am of the same thinking as you. I figured if it were the grounds it would be posted at the entrance to the property.

Of course I could go in and ask them, but then they would know I am a carrier. I am of the school of thought of don't ask, don't tell.

The confusion is exactly why the politicians make up these stupid laws.

Quote Originally Posted by markt99 View Post
    Please notice it says LAWFUL. not unlawful. It is LAWFUL to carry in those places. Ironically I was just looking up this paragraph to back up my claim.

Mark
    Wow, thanks for clarifying that... now why would someone write a law that says something is lawful. Laws are about what is not allowed, if not written it is lawful. *shakes head*

Ok... I re-read through the entire section of the statutes... It was in the section where it was talking about how State buildings were unlawful to carry in EXCEPT State-owned rest stops where it IS lawful. Thanks for pointing out my error.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

But the law states in a "conspicuous" manner. It does not say at the entrance. Since anyone at the resort must first check in at the resort office, I would have to conclude the state would say that this is in a "conspicuous" manner.

I would agree with you that for most businesses, the most conspicuous place would be the front entrance door.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

5. Not a lawyer, but I think that some States have laws where if it is a Hotel or Motel they cannot ban guns in the rooms, for instance if a person rents a room it is considered his/her place of residence not a place of business. Not sure if NC has such a law.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Venatius View Post
    Not a lawyer, but I think that some States have laws where if it is a Hotel or Motel they cannot ban guns in the rooms, for instance if a person rents a room it is considered his/her place of residence not a place of business. Not sure if NC has such a law.
    This thread was 10 months old!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12