Deep Conceal/Back up Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Conceal/Back up Gun

Question Deep Conceal/Back up Gun

I have heard many folks speak about, and have often wondered myself about, carrying two CC guns.
    I have checked the NC laws and have found neither, where it says NC residents can, nor where it says we can't.

Anyone have any idea on this thought?
    Last edited by mbass; 07-01-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: grammar

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

If it doesn't say we "can't" ... then we can :)

I like that logic, though I would hate to try to legally defend it.
    Thanks...

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

It seems to me if you can carry one then you can carry as many as you want, 1 gun can do the same job as several. I dont know NC laws, I know it doesnt matter here in Indiana. I know a guy that shoots at a range I frequent who carries 4, seems a little to much to me. I only carry a BUG about 10% of the time.

6. Not in New Mexico!

Laws vary from state to state, but New Mexico law specifically bans carrying of two concealed weapons at the same time. I have no idea why this restriction was imposed and most people just carry an extra magazine instead of a second weapon. I would think that carrying two guns at once would make it hard to keep your pants up!

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate PO View Post
    Laws vary from state to state, but New Mexico law specifically bans carrying of two concealed weapons at the same time. I have no idea why this restriction was imposed and most people just carry an extra magazine instead of a second weapon. I would think that carrying two guns at once would make it hard to keep your pants up!
    Not really if you have the BUG in your pocket or on your ankle

I tend to agree that most places where anything is NOT allowed specifically state it is not allowed. I do not believe Florida addresses this either but I know that many carry more than one gun (or weapon as our permit is a concealed WEAPONS license, not firearms license).

I remember my CCW class when the instructor walked in and explained that one can conceal a weapon so people do not know you are carrying and proceeded to offload about four or five handguns, a bunch of knives, a sword and some other asundry stuff.

My understanding is that he would have been legal as he walked in the door.

in Texas, we have conceal carry only, no open carry
    a person with CHL may carry as many firearms as he/she likes as long as they are concealed

In NC, knives do not fall under the "Concealed Handgun Permit," obviously. A certain size knife can be in your pocket, but over a certain size must be in a sheath or visibly open carried.

I remember my CC instructor saying that the "Permit" is for "one" handgun, but the NC law is not specific. However, we can open carry one, and conceal one(???)! Another strange NC loophole!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Spoke to the guy that helped give our CCW class and there is no limit on how many wepons you can conceal carry. He told me it would be a good idea to carry more than one as you may have a malfunction and you would be ready. (He is a State Trooper also).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast