CCW endorsement on NCDL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW endorsement on NCDL

I have a problem with it because if I lose my wallet, or it is stolen....the people that may have my DL now have my home address and also know I have a gun or guns in the home now....that's just a thought.
    The endorsements are explained on the back of a DL, last time I looked.

Kansas formerly issued CCH on the licensees choice of the DL or a separate card.
    Last year the law was changed to make all CCH on a separate card.

They cited two reasons... privacy and the fact that a DL can have a much longer expiration date and CCH expires in 4 years.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Quote Originally Posted by KimberChick View Post
    I have a problem with it because if I lose my wallet, or it is stolen....the people that may have my DL now have my home address and also know I have a gun or guns in the home now....that's just a thought.
    The endorsements are explained on the back of a DL, last time I looked.
    They're going to know it anyway if you have a separate license or permit as typically your address is on those as well. They're on all of my CCWs. I don't keep my CCWs in a seperate wallet. It's more of an issue for me when I travel as I have all of my non-resident CCWs. It could be an issue for me if even one of them gets lost or stolen.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    They're going to know it anyway if you have a separate license or permit as typically your address is on those as well. They're on all of my CCWs. I don't keep my CCWs in a seperate wallet. It's more of an issue for me when I travel as I have all of my non-resident CCWs. It could be an issue for me if even one of them gets lost or stolen.
    Good point, can't argue that one. So why not make the permits have a photo id, a registration number and a name only? Then at least there would be less of a chance someone could track your house down, etc.
    If all government issued ID's were barcoded, including the CCH, then an officer could simply scan it and determine your information. The military uses it every day and it's relatively effective at keeping people who have no business on base off base.

Just a thought.
    Don't be the sheep, be the Sheepdog!!

We have an old saying in the Military, (I'm a retired MSgt - USAF) that say's; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Our present system works, leave it alone!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12