What should I buy my employees for Christmas? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What should I buy my employees for Christmas?

I work owl shift most of the time. 2200 to 0600 so my family is asleep when I am at work. Always home for Christmas morning. I think they finally gave up on me because I have not been RANDOMLY tested for about 3 years now.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I work owl shift most of the time. 2200 to 0600 so my family is asleep when I am at work. Always home for Christmas morning. I think they finally gave up on me because I have not been RANDOMLY tested for about 3 years now.
    Seems I have worked the 2200 - 0600 before and even a 2300 - 0700 at a different place. My body right now is sort of on a 1500 - 0200 cycle. Or maybe even 1630 or so until 0500. It is really messed up.

Yeah, they finally figured out you weren't lying about not being an alcoholic. So many people have an alcohol problem that they start thinking EVERYBODY does. Since 1975 I have probably had 5 drinks and the last one of those was in 1996 with an ex who DID drink often. I bought this house in 82 and one of the bottles from the other house was a Black Velvet bottle with maybe 3" in it. I think Cairn probably drank it when I divorced her in 1995. Part of the divorce was give her two years free rent in the house as a way of giving her 25,000$. No rent to pay so she let some friends move in and they PARTY HARDY'ed for 2 years. I DID lay down the law of NO smoking in the house, cigarettes OR pot. Didn't need the walls yellow from smoke and stinking.

YEP, there sure ARE a LOT of people that their best friend seems to be a bottle. That is sad. I was just out getting breakfast/lunch/dinner/first meal of the day today and was behind a rig at the KFC and it on the license plate frame: Act like a MAN. Get on your knees and PRAY. James 5:16 but when I just opened the book lying here by the bed it seems to be misquoted. LOTS of that goes on too. Millions of religions in the world and EVERY ONE of them is the ONLY correct one! How crazy is that?

The best to you and yours, have a great Thanksgiving dinner.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    YEP, there sure ARE a LOT of people that their best friend seems to be a bottle. That is sad. I was just out getting breakfast/lunch/dinner/first meal of the day today and was behind a rig at the KFC and it on the license plate frame: Act like a MAN. Get on your knees and PRAY. James 5:16 but when I just opened the book lying here by the bed it seems to be misquoted. LOTS of that goes on too. Millions of religions in the world and EVERY ONE of them is the ONLY correct one! How crazy is that?
    I truly appreciate your heart, and your desire to do good for your employees!!!

The reference above seems to be correct..
    16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective

As to your multiple religions statement..

I apologize for the RANT up front..

So IF there is a God..
    He would make many paths to Him?? (Is that how YOU would do it?? ... ... Really???)
    Does that mean ALL paths lead to Him??
    Well, maybe not ALL??
    OK maybe 80% of them... But not those really whacked out 20%'ers who leave $5 on the table for tolls as they suck poisoned apple sauce to meet up with the UFO mother ship .. Right??

Which 80%??? - choose wisely!

OR - would YOU make just one path?? and people make up the rest, because they don't like the one path!

IF just one path.. Would it be a path that IF you are smart enough, and work Hard enough, and say these magical words (maybe over and over again), and if you alter your conscience enough - THEN, MAYBE you will reach Him?? Maybe Einstein?? Maybe Mother Theresa?? Maybe Shirley McClain??? Are you Smart Enough??

OR - Would it be a path that NO man can reach by his own efforts, but a path that ANYONE, no matter how smart, or dumb; Brilliant or stupid; Pretty good, or lived a retched life, only needs to let go of their human pride and accept the work that only God can do to breach the gulf between a perfect being and a people who are pretty dreadful in their hearts.. (just look around) We all have something not Perfect in our hearts!

I, (speaking personally), will never be able to "Work" my way to where God is.. I'm just not smart enough, or dedicated/selfless enough to spend ALL my spare time trying.. So, I'll just have to accept the work done by an all powerful God, and I'll just have to be eternally grateful in thought and deed.

I'll "confess your (my) sins to each other (brothers & sisters) and pray for each other so that you (I) may be healed", and so that my prayers become "powerful and effective" , not in my strength, but in my act of gratefulness.

My Rant is now over..
    Thank you for listening..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    I try really hard to save enough money every year so I can give my employees a small present for Christmas every year.

On those thoughts, Christmas is coming up on us really fast and I have to decide what to give my two employees for Christmas.

Three years ago I gave them $100 and found it isn't good to just give money.

Two years ago it was just Jason with me and I gave him a new $800 HP tower computer.

Last year it was Jason and Terry and I gave them each a 28 inch monitor.

This year, what? What should I give them? Jason likes tech stuff, and our new employee who replaced Terry, Adam, I'm not sure what he likes. He has been with us since June 22nd of this year.

I don't like to give money because it can be pissed away too easily. $10 here, $20 there and pretty soon it is ALL gone and NOTHING to show for it. Whereas Jason still has his computer and monitor. And I just sold him a Netbook for Jennifer his wife because she wanted one. I bought it for $450 and it sat at my house for a couple months and I sold it to them for $380.

You treat your employees good and they treat you good back. Right??

So, any thoughts on a $300-$400 present for each of them?

And NO, no one buys me any presents. I am living here alone, divorced for about 4 years because I don't/didn't make enough money. I would really like to find me a new girlfriend, but, being fat and ugly pretty much rules that from ever happening.

Guess I am going to have to will my little bitty shack to Keli and Megan, my two cats. :)

This is why I like Oregon, because it is beautiful here in the Spring, Summer and Fall. And Winter is NO big deal. It only lasts the other 9 months. LOL

For Sale: One 1,800 sqft 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, office, central heat, central air, with a 2,000 sqft shop in the back full of woodworking and metal working tools/equipment. Price: $1.00 and 25 years of marriage.
    If the marriage is good, we will forget the $1.00. If I die early, then you come out ahead. All you have to do is put up with a poor, fat, ugly, biased red neck who thinks women are wonderful.

And if she enjoyed a garden, there is a place for that next to the shop in the back yard. New rototiller too, only used twice.

Come on, LAUGH. I am just a poor guy who just has a small house and even I can laugh.

And you guys that have wives, how lucky you are! My ex told me: "All you have is this old house and that old shop (not the one in the back yard) and I DESERVE better than that!" Now she is living in a million $ house with a guy who owns a couple of airplanes. Not with some dirt poor guy like me anymore.

Cheer up! Be happy that you aren't poor like me.

Maybe I should just buy them a guy each? LOL
    don't know about gifts, but you are alucky man,nice place and got shed of the x. ex's are ex's for a reason. mine took my place on the lake on 9/11 and think i got of cheep only cost 75-80,000!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123