What should I buy my employees for Christmas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should I buy my employees for Christmas?

What should I buy my employees for Christmas?

I try really hard to save enough money every year so I can give my employees a small present for Christmas every year.

On those thoughts, Christmas is coming up on us really fast and I have to decide what to give my two employees for Christmas.

Three years ago I gave them $100 and found it isn't good to just give money.

Two years ago it was just Jason with me and I gave him a new $800 HP tower computer.

Last year it was Jason and Terry and I gave them each a 28 inch monitor.

This year, what? What should I give them? Jason likes tech stuff, and our new employee who replaced Terry, Adam, I'm not sure what he likes. He has been with us since June 22nd of this year.

I don't like to give money because it can be pissed away too easily. $10 here, $20 there and pretty soon it is ALL gone and NOTHING to show for it. Whereas Jason still has his computer and monitor. And I just sold him a Netbook for Jennifer his wife because she wanted one. I bought it for $450 and it sat at my house for a couple months and I sold it to them for $380.

You treat your employees good and they treat you good back. Right??

So, any thoughts on a $300-$400 present for each of them?

And NO, no one buys me any presents. I am living here alone, divorced for about 4 years because I don't/didn't make enough money. I would really like to find me a new girlfriend, but, being fat and ugly pretty much rules that from ever happening.

Guess I am going to have to will my little bitty shack to Keli and Megan, my two cats. :)

This is why I like Oregon, because it is beautiful here in the Spring, Summer and Fall. And Winter is NO big deal. It only lasts the other 9 months. LOL

For Sale: One 1,800 sqft 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, office, central heat, central air, with a 2,000 sqft shop in the back full of woodworking and metal working tools/equipment. Price: $1.00 and 25 years of marriage.
    If the marriage is good, we will forget the $1.00. If I die early, then you come out ahead. All you have to do is put up with a poor, fat, ugly, biased red neck who thinks women are wonderful.

And if she enjoyed a garden, there is a place for that next to the shop in the back yard. New rototiller too, only used twice.

Come on, LAUGH. I am just a poor guy who just has a small house and even I can laugh.

And you guys that have wives, how lucky you are! My ex told me: "All you have is this old house and that old shop (not the one in the back yard) and I DESERVE better than that!" Now she is living in a million $ house with a guy who owns a couple of airplanes. Not with some dirt poor guy like me anymore.

Cheer up! Be happy that you aren't poor like me.

Maybe I should just buy them a guy each? LOL

Red face I feel your pain, Doc.

I think that a great gift might be a gift certificate for a CCW permit class if they are without a permit, or a nice little Ruger LCP if they already have a permit.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

If your ex left you because you're "poor", then you lucked out in finding out before she really screwed you. Personally I like being poor, I don't have to worry about expensive things getting stolen, etc.

For an employer now to even CONSIDER buying presents for their employees speaks volumes about your character. My bosses didn't even throw the usual company Christmas party last year, but they didn't miss their trip to Vegas. As for us employees, we each did get a ham

CCW class would be cool, as would a gun, maybe a gift card to a music store or book store.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I think that a great gift might be a gift certificate for a CCW permit class if they are without a permit, or a nice little Ruger LCP if they already have a permit.
    +1 - assuming you are not in the "Postal" business!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I hate having a boss which is why I don't have one. but you sound like a great one to me!
    how about a range pass for a year and a hi-point for each? or ruger 10/22 if they prefer rifles:) or if they are not into that then maybe a playstation 3:) hmmm... I'd gladly work for you for a new gun or a playstation 3:)... oh wait I forgot about the whole boss thing.

good luck!:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I don't know the structure of your company but why not give them a share or so of stock ( a percent or so of ownership) in the company. Then instead of being employees they become partly their own boss and as you know the pride of that alone is worth more than the money.

I think it's great that you still care enough about your employees to to plan what you give them for Christmas. Many businesses just order gift cards or whatever promo item is in the last catalog that arrived before purchase.

Have you inquired (informally) about their interests? Maybe that could provide a lead.

As for your personal life--hang in there and don't be in a hurry. Your post does lead me to wonder if you work too much and don't allow much time for a personal life.

Best wishes!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Former employee 2101 here. More recent employee Jeff. Quit being # 2101 and went to work for a guy I've known for about 20 years. Nothing like being apprecialted and actually have a boss that gives a piddling damn about ya. And he pays great too. Dont know about the Christmas gift. LIfetime membership in NRA? Dunno. Good luck. As far as the ex goes,well count your blessings. There are many many fish in the sea. You're not the only old fat man out there,hell I'm married again and expecting a new daughter just any day now so there is hope for you surely. Good luck in all of your endeavors. And Merry Christmas in advance.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

You are a good man!
    Heres a thought, Take a 4 day shutdown with your employees and get a group rate for a cruse. There real cheap right now.
    Go with them and have fun. Work will still be there when you get back. Life is too short!

13 years ago I went to my companies Christmas party. I had a glass of wine at 1800 when I first got at the restaurant and another at 1930. I had to be a work that night at 2200. I work for an electric utility. A 24/7 operation. My Christmas present that year was to be drug and alcohol tested 3 times in the next 2 weeks. Random test you know. Needless to say I never went to another Christmas party. So now I just get the pleasure of working most Christmases.

As far as the wife thing goes, if my wife were to see the pictures of your place she would probably leave me in a heartbeat. She would love to live out away from civilization like that. I guess I wont be showing them to her.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast