Mormon church supports SLC protections for gay rights

Thread: Mormon church supports SLC protections for gay rights

Mormon church supports SLC protections for gay rights

Deseret News | Mormon church supports Salt Lake City's protections for gay rights
    Interesting. I find this line explaining their position informative:
    "The church supports this ordinance because it is fair and reasonable and does not do violence to the institution of marriage," said Michael Otterson, managing director of the LDS Church's public affairs office.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I don' really see anything about this ordinance to dislike. It's not redefining marriage and it's not punishing thought crime (aka hate crimes). Sure, I think that homosexual behavior is disgusting, but gay people are just as entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as everyone else, and this ordinance is seeing to that.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I don' really see anything about this ordinance to dislike. It's not redefining marriage and it's not punishing thought crime (aka hate crimes). Sure, I think that homosexual behavior is disgusting, but gay people are just as entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as everyone else, and this ordinance is seeing to that.
    I agree
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Galatians 5:9 >>A little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough.